Have any newbies in here tried shooting alone?

Sainty13

Sep 13, 2015
Singapore
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, just joined recently. Just want to know if any of you guys ever tried going for a shoot alone?

As I recently went to shoot alone around my neighbourhood for awhile(probably 30mins), but just having this strange and weird feeling that people may think that I'm crazy carrying my cam shooting alone.

Hi sainty,

Why do you even bother about what other people think of you? The more you worry about people thinking you are crazy, the more you won't even wanna shoot.

I shoot alone most of the time cause I can focus more.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback man!

I think that's just me or maybe a minority of the people haha:bsmilie:. And the best part is i've just started picking up this hobby and doing this just makes me out of the norm. Really appreciate those tips man!

Yeah just go out there and shoot. And if possible learn from other people as well. We all have to start somewhere.

I bought a camera 3 years ago but only use it extensively for the past year or so. Why? The same reason as what you've shared. And partly because my camera was heavy. Lol didn't want to bring it everywhere.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

true enough that on that point that we have to start somewhere! Really appreciate those encouragement you gave man. thumbs up to that!

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, just joined recently. Just want to know if any of you guys ever tried going for a shoot alone?

As I recently went to shoot alone around my neighbourhood for awhile(probably 30mins), but just having this strange and weird feeling that people may think that I'm crazy carrying my cam shooting alone.
welcome to ClubSNAP.

this is all up in your mind.

no one care what you are doing, unless you are doing something you are not suppose to do, like taking picture of police station, custom office/check point and other restricted zones.

if you still don't believe, check out this video, don't overt thinking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bz99gWfA0eE

TS we are all of the herd sometime along the way...it is okay...keep walking that neighborhood (alone if you must) and find the things that make for interesting snaps and look for interesting characters and maybe even run into some other camera crazy person exploring alone! One day you will realize you have found your feet and then you will walk where you will with confidence knowing that you are a unique individual recording your own personal thing and that you do indeed matter...and probably most of all to the herd! :)

Last edited:
welcome to ClubSNAP.

this is all up in your mind.

no one care what you are doing, unless you are doing something you are not suppose to do, like taking picture of police station, custom office/check point and other restricted zones.

if you still don't believe, check out this video, don't overt thinking about it.

Thanks for tips man! Will look on the link you provide *Thumbs up*

TS we are all of the herd sometime along the way...it is okay...keep walking that neighborhood (alone if you must) and find the things that make for interesting snaps and look for interesting characters and maybe even run into some other camera crazy person exploring alone! One day you will realize you have found your feet and then you will walk where you will with confidence knowing that you are a unique individual recording your own personal thing and that you do indeed matter...and probably most of all to the herd! :)

Thanks Nikonzen for the tips man! Will try to experience that feeling again when I'm free hahah

Will also look forward to meet some of the ppl from CS in future to gain more knowledge and also making more new friends

Welcome to Club Snap.

Well you are not alone. I carry my gear (tripod & long lenses) & shoot all over the HDB neighborhood garden ;). At first my wife had some trepidation that some may feel disturbed by my presence but nothing happened.

Some neighbors were curios & look from a far, some came by & chat "Eh, uncle you shoot si mi ah?, Oh nice butterfly la!.

Just don't be shy or feel awkward about it. The neighbors are so used to me shooting in the garden now that they try not to spook the birds & butterflies when they see me around.

Last edited:
Welcome to Club Snap.

Well you are not alone. I carry my gear (tripod & long lenses) & shoot all over the HDB neighborhood garden ;). At first my wife had some trepidation that some may feel disturbed by my presence but nothing happened.

Some neighbors were curios & look from a far, some came by & chat "Eh, uncle you shoot si mi ah?, Oh nice butterfly la!.

Just don't be shy or feel awkward about it. The neighbors are so used to me shooting in the garden now that they try not to spook the birds & butterflies when they see me around.

haha ya can say I am kinda shy but still thanks for the tips man!

hmm I do that quite alot!
It is quite peaceful. Apparently no one cares about you, if you do it quite often enough, you will realise you are treated as a ghost even when you are out taking street photography.

Its a sad reflection of our society, everyone just cares about themselves that they dont think about the lone photographer!

hmm I do that quite alot!
It is quite peaceful. Apparently no one cares about you, if you do it quite often enough, you will realise you are treated as a ghost even when you are out taking street photography.

Its a sad reflection of our society, everyone just cares about themselves that they dont think about the lone photographer!

HAHAHA hopefully i get that feeling soon! Appreciate on those tips man!

Haha maybe you can jio a friend for a photo outing, but then shoot separately for 1 hr n regroup, then go shoot separately again.

Hey man, i joined recently too! Hahaha, i had the same experience as you but i guess it would get better once you shoot more. I myself am still quite hesistant to go out and shoot as well.

There are places where going in group is not appropriate, so I usually like to roam on my own.

Shooting alone is quite common coz you can do it at your own pace and no need to wait for each other.

People can sense your awkwardness only if you behave so. If you are comfortable with your surroundings, most of the time nobody will bat an eyelid.
There's once I was lying on my side along the steps in the open at Orchard Road with my tripod up, finger on shutter anticipating for the right subject to walk by. Well, I noticed nobody gives a crap what I was doing.
;)

Hi Guys,

I shoot alone unless I'm out taking portraits. I feel the same way too but I'll focus more on getting the picture and care less about those walking by. I thought it would be great to have a photo buddy to explore places with and feel less awkward but when you shoot alone you can work on your own pace. OTOT. ;)

Last edited:
Tell u a joke. 10 years from now u will share with newbies here u prefer to shoot alone, coz u scared people will steal your ideas.

Tell u a joke. 10 years from now u will share with newbies here u prefer to shoot alone, coz u scared people will steal your ideas.

For those who really scared people steal their ideas, they won't even bother tell people about this. They just keep asking many questions in the forum than keep quite after gotton the replies. Some even try to delete the threads later on.