Hassy needs servicing

Status
Not open for further replies.

donvito

Sep 8, 2005
www.melvindave.com
Hi guys,

I need to get my Hassy serviced. It seems that mine has a light leak(not sure if it is the back). I had it diagnosed in Adelphi but I want to get some 2nd opinion before I put it in for servicing. According to the service center my film back seems to be ok and the problem might be in the camera. If it were the back, I think I can just have the light seals replaced but as I've said the seals in my film back looks ok.

Anyway, where could I have it checked for 2nd opinion?

Do you have the contact info of Camera Hospital? I also heard that someone is servicing Hassy's in GrandLink square in Geylang. Do you know who to look for there?

Thanks!

How come the service center does not know ? I hope it's not Shriro ? I also need to send in one of my A12 backs for repair, probably to Shriro, Hassy distributor.

One of my backs once had a bad light seal, and I replaced it myself, very easy to do, good as new. I bought the light seals off eBay, it had instructions.

Hi guys,

I need to get my Hassy serviced. It seems that mine has a light leak(not sure if it is the back). I had it diagnosed in Adelphi but I want to get some 2nd opinion before I put it in for servicing. According to the service center my film back seems to be ok and the problem might be in the camera. If it were the back, I think I can just have the light seals replaced but as I've said the seals in my film back looks ok.

Anyway, where could I have it checked for 2nd opinion?

Do you have the contact info of Camera Hospital? I also heard that someone is servicing Hassy's in GrandLink square in Geylang. Do you know who to look for there?

Thanks!

It's not Shriro. ;) Now that you've mentioned it, maybe I'll bring it to them since their the official distributor.

I hope it's only the light seal. :dunno:

Thanks for the info man! I might be passing by Adelphi to pick up my cam. Wanna go for coffee? ;)

How come the service center does not know ? I hope it's not Shriro ? I also need to send in one of my A12 backs for repair, probably to Shriro, Hassy distributor.

One of my backs once had a bad light seal, and I replaced it myself, very easy to do, good as new. I bought the light seals off eBay, it had instructions.

If you search you will find. Philip Tay.

What's Philip Tay address? Thanks.

Go to Shriro, may be more ex$, the service is great, value for money. U can shop around for new hassy or gitzo too.. they are the sole distributor here. :)

shriro is good, at chang charn road, near bukit merah. (fast and have part) recommend for current models.

for phillip, at geylang. (very good but take time as he may not have part) recommend for older models where shriro no longer have parts.

Philip is at ground floor of Grandlink Square,

which is near to one end of Geylang.

Status
Not open for further replies.