Hasselblad releases Xpan 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryng

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Hi all,

Hasselblad has just accounced the release of Xpan 2 as of 23rd of April. Shutter speed informtaion is now available in the viewfinder. Check out hasselblad.com for more information.

Click here for exact URL

Hasselblad Announces Introduction of XPan II

2003-04-23 The unique dual format Hasselblad XPan has been in high demand since its launch at Photokina in September 1998. Hasselblad is now proud to introduce the XPan II, adding a range of useful features to its highly successful XPan system.

Since its introduction the Hasselblad XPan has been widely praised for its innovative take on the panorama format. A flip of a switch makes this mild-mannered 35mm range-finder camera capable of taking true, panorama double-width frames of 24mm X 65mm; exceeding the actual frame width of even a 6X7 camera. The XPan actually doubles the width of the film exposed, unlike APS cameras for example, which create a panoramic impression by cropping the existing frame.

The XPan’s image quality, versatility, and pleasure of handling have opened new doors for creative photography, not only for traditional types of panoramic photography, but also for a variety of applications where the format has not been widely used before.

Now, the convenience, ease-of-use, and superior quality of the XPan II system will combine with its range of added features to make even more new types of exciting images possible.

Improvements incorporated into the XPan II system include:

· Shutter speed and exposure information visible in a viewfinder LCD display
· Multi exposure (up to nine exposures)
· B-time prolonged to maximum of 540 s
· Self-timer delay with 2 s or 10 s option
· Flash sync at the beginning or the end of the exposure
· Improved IR film performance for high speed B&W IR film
· Rewind of film with option to leave a film tip out of the cassette
· Electrical remote control release (optional release cord)
· Diopter lens with locking system
· Lens shade for 45 mm and 90 mm lenses with locking device

Shutter speed and lens aperture settings are set using dials as on the Hasselblad XPan. Other camera settings are made through a simple programming function using the rear LCD, which has been enlarged on the XPan II. All camera settings are clearly visible on the rear LCD.

The introduction of the Hasselblad XPan II makes the camera is even easier to use and provides a number of added features, ideally suited for creative or otherwise specialized types of photography.

The Hasselblad XPan II will be available from late April, 2003.

holy shit... since when Xpan II is out and I didn't even know until now ??? Used to keep abreast of new cameras release when I was in UK through reading various photography magazines at home or around WHSmith shelf. :D

I wonder how much the Xpan II costs now :dunno:
Anyone has a rough figure to throw here?

Hmmm.... seems like film is still well alive (I think more so in UK or Europe) where more people are into medium and large formats.

The release of Xpan II has somehow inspired me and injected a new lease of life in my Xpan, giving me every reason to go out and SEE WIDE, SHOOT WIDE ...

Hi

hmm....doesn't seem to have any killer improvements or features in the Xpan II that warrants an upgrade, or am i missing something? :)

Originally posted by Red Dawn
hmm....doesn't seem to have any killer improvements or features in the Xpan II that warrants an upgrade, or am i missing something? :)
yeah i agree with you... nothing really radical. the LCD info screen's useful though.

I really must thank hasselblad to release the xpan 2 which doesn't warrant an upgrade from its predecessor, the xpan. In a way, the resale value of my xpan would be better... :p

I have to agree that the exposure detail found inside the viewfinder of xpan 2 is the best upgrade so far...

The rest of the upgrade I can do without, no problem!

Originally posted by jasphotography
Used to keep abreast of new cameras release when I was in UK through reading various photography magazines at home or around WHSmith shelf. :D

Naughty naughty naughty!

Although to be fair, I spend half my life browsing newspapers too!

Originally posted by Jed
Naughty naughty naughty!

Although to be fair, I spend half my life browsing newspapers too!

newspapers so cheap you also browse around the shelf? :dunno:
don't tell me you always flip to "The Page 3" of The Sun or Daily Sport (Or is it Daily Star???) paper splashed all over with naked women??? :D

ok, that one I can understand.... and also that I called it naughty!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.