Hasselbald Masters Exhibition

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Anyone care to provide some comments about the Hasselbald Masters Exhibition at Espon Imaging Gallery, Wheelock Place. Thank you.

Been there 2 weeks ago. Generally speaking, I'm very disappointed at the prints technically. They are done by Epson printers, as I have a chance to see some of the prints done in traditional darkroom.

If you can accept those digital prints quality, then I think I don't need to use Hasselblad to achieve that standard! I serious about it, as those Zeiss lens can perform far better than that, at least true for my CT* lenses.

Tachi said:
Been there 2 weeks ago. Generally speaking, I'm very disappointed at the prints technically. They are done by Epson printers, as I have a chance to see some of the prints done in traditional darkroom.

If you can accept those digital prints quality, then I think I don't need to use Hasselblad to achieve that standard! I serious about it, as those Zeiss lens can perform far better than that, at least true for my CT* lenses.

Other than technical quality of the prints, what about the images?

well.. if they're darkroom prints, they wont be at epson center liao.. haha.

i think the showcase is about a bunch of people who has learnt to use the 6x6 and the xpan to the best of its potential to capture the shots. if wanna scrutinize the sharpness and stuff might as well go to an optical lab.

anyway i was there about a week ago and i really liked some of the pieces.

managed to catch the show before I left...I was pretty darn impressed by the quality of printing nowadays...epson blacks are very deep
tonal range ain't super smooth but the medium format black and white prints were impressive
I've seen prints that size printed in pro labs that were about that quality

anyway apart from the TECHNICAL aspect of it...
wasn't too impressed by the colour work, the black and white work was stronger, I felt. and someone tell me why that singaporean guy is a "hassy master"?
I really love the pic of the little dancer boy with the dancer girls
how about you, how did you feel about the show

I think it's great that epson has exhibitions like this

i was there yesterday. i am not impressed by the works displayed of our local hassy master.

I think the thing about being selected for Hasseblad Master only means that each photographer has their own style. It is not neccessary that the photos need to be those "wow" type. However, it does reflect a certain aspect of things we miss out or overlook. These could be ordinary things that are close to the photographer's heart. It's not easy to understand what's on the photographer mind. :dunno: I do like some of the pictures but I feel the exhibition lacks a certain theme to unify the works. There is not even caption to say what the photo is about. However, Epson did make a big effort to advertise their products in the caption.

dannynys said:
I think the thing about being selected for Hasseblad Master only means that each photographer has their own style. It is not neccessary that the photos need to be those "wow" type. However, it does reflect a certain aspect of things we miss out or overlook. These could be ordinary things that are close to the photographer's heart. It's not easy to understand what's on the photographer mind. :dunno: I do like some of the pictures but I feel the exhibition lacks a certain theme to unify the works. There is not even caption to say what the photo is about. However, Epson did make a big effort to advertise their products in the caption.

there are at least 12 hassy masters's works exhibited. From the exhibits, i do not think the intent is to see a theme running through the exhibits. What is lacking is captions.

West_ray said:
any webby info for the exhibit? still on ?

Local Link at: http://www.hasselbladsingapore.com/exhibits.html

Personally, I thought the prints were nice.

Tachi said:

My Zeiss T* medium format and 35mm lenses perform admirably just as good (same goes for some of the Zeiss large format non-T* lenses :) that I found).. Since I do not have prints computer printed I could not judge the differences, but I did think that print quality on display was quite good..

Do not miss the exhibition, it would be a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.