Has Cathay Photo stopped their E quotes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
My e-quote enquiries to them were bounced twice. I went back to their web site now and realized it has been removed.

No more?

oh dear@!

MAYBE DOWN?

Yes! They have stop that service.

I was there today and have checked with the guy there. He mentioned that they have stop the service due to many cases of misused. :cry:

of coz download lar, people quote for fun only. quote liao no buy. or just using the service to compare prices.

actually the prices are more or less the same one everywhere ...ie equote=waste time :)

ninelives said:
of coz download lar, people quote for fun only. quote liao no buy. or just using the service to compare prices.

isn't that the purpose? get equote of course compare price...who would be so stupid as to get equote and then by from them even if another place sells cheaper? i think only regular customers would do that...but then why would they need an equote in the first place?

madmacs said:
isn't that the purpose? get equote of course compare price...who would be so stupid as to get equote and then by from them even if another place sells cheaper? i think only regular customers would do that...but then why would they need an equote in the first place?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Phew, I'm glad they cancelled it. It was a bad idea I thought a few years ago. Some things could be cheaper with equote than without. That showed their inconsistency in pricing. The biggest frustration is that before you could buy anything, you got to wait for the quote to come in 3 days or more. And what if you had wanted to get something on the spot? Ok for the 'old birds' but newbies can be left cold not knowing if the prices they got from the sales people is considered reasonable.

Yes I do agree with the rest who said CP gives inconsistent prices. The difference can be as much as $50-100 sometimes from the equote pricing.

I think they should just stick to one price and display their prices prominently then the sales staff won't feel fustrated by people asking "What's the price of this product"?

clive said:
actually the prices are more or less the same one everywhere ...ie equote=waste time :)

anthony.phua said:
Yes I do agree with the rest who said CP gives inconsistent prices. The difference can be as much as $50-100 sometimes from the equote pricing.

I think they should just stick to one price and display their prices prominently then the sales staff won't feel fustrated by people asking "What's the price of this product"?
is the price tags on the shelf meant for tourists?

anthony.phua said:

I concur as well. That's why I always use the e-quote service because for most of the time, I am sure that I have gotten the lowest price for that particular item.

I always get "tok-ed" by the salesmen there without a e-quote....

I find the sales philosophy here very funny. What's the point of pricing a product so much more and then slash it by 50% or more later? There is no clean openness in the pricing.

Never had this problem when I shop at the camera stores in US (B&H for eg) and Canada. It's easier to know how much I should spend too instead of bothering the staff who could be busy serving other customers.

guess it's to give the buyers some false comfort...
that they managed to get the product at 50% discount...
although more often than not, the 'reduced' price is more or less the street price... :dunno:

juz my thoughts...

kiwi2 said:
I find the sales philosophy here very funny. What's the point of pricing a product so much more and then slash it by 50% or more later? There is no clean openness in the pricing.

Never had this problem when I shop at the camera stores in US (B&H for eg) and Canada. It's easier to know how much I should spend too instead of bothering the staff who could be busy serving other customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.