Has camera/lenses prices gone up in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRSAMO

Nov 17, 2008
Australia->Japan
Prices are being increased by at least 30% here in Australia.

Just when I've finally decided to get that D90...:angry:

Last edited:
There has been some buzz about increasing of equipment prices here... but i havent seen an increase with the Canon 17-55 2.8IS over the last two months.. since im trying to source one for myself..

I think that you're getting the increase due to shifts in the exchange rates. I believe the AUD has depreciated significantly over the past few months.

Im not sure if it may just be with one manufacturers increase since you're looking at Nikon.

hope this helps. :)

Prices are being increased by at least 30% here in Australia.

Just when I've finally decided to get that D90...:angry:

Have seen post in some of the forums that other are also raising their prices because of the exchange rate..... dun know if it is true... :think:

i believe it is due to your local exchange rate vs the country of origin.

So this is due to the Yen gaining strength? Means Singapore will soon see a rise in price also.

With the down turn coming..... how are the compaines going to sell their Camera system with such high prices ?? :think:

Maybe big discount coming :bsmilie::thumbsup:

I bought my lens from CP-P last wk and was told Jap currency went up, so they gonna increase the price too!

I bought my lens from CP-P last wk and was told Jap currency went up, so they gonna increase the price too!

Hi 77, dun buy from CP then. I noticed their prices starting to become more expensive lately. Last few months they were the cheapest, now they are starting to become most expensive. The yen will not strengthen indefinitely. Good to shop around a few shops to get best price. Dun fall fall their 'strengthening yen' gimmick- just an excuse to sell u at higher price.

Status
Not open for further replies.