Has Anyone Use GIMP for Mac? I'm New to this!!!

PhotoProZero

Jan 25, 2007
NorthEast
Hi peeps!

Just wondering anyone out there is currently using GIMP for Mac. I jst got myself a Macbook Pro and became a handicap, not able to use my fav Photoscape....Can anyone help? Cheers!

haha yeah is there any mac pro user here? i tot of getting a mac but i know i will be an idiot to it... so any kind soul here wana teach and help me pimp my mac???

i've GIMP on my iMac. what do you want to know?

i've GIMP on my iMac. what do you want to know?

Great Mohgui! I wld like to now if there are simple shortcuts to enhance a photo? and if there any simple version of GIMP tutorials online? The ones, supported by GIMP is quite complex for my understanding....

haha yeah is there any mac pro user here? i tot of getting a mac but i know i will be an idiot to it... so any kind soul here wana teach and help me pimp my mac???

Hi Walk13, Mac is real ez to use and im enjoying it. It's just that the free photo edit software, GIMP isnt like Picasa or photoscape. But if u have used photoshop before, i understand tht it should be quite ez.

I've only briefly tried GIMP on Linux and it can be cumbersome. I believe there is a GIMPShop application on Mac OS X that makes GIMP work and look more like Photoshop.

You could always using Picasa or iPhoto. iPhoto isn't free but it normally comes with new Macs.

Great Mohgui! I wld like to now if there are simple shortcuts to enhance a photo? and if there any simple version of GIMP tutorials online? The ones, supported by GIMP is quite complex for my understanding....

if you want simple shortcuts to enhance photos at a click of a button... then you are better off using Lightroom. GIMP is like Photoshop... everything is manually done.