Has anyone tried this with your K-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longj49

Jul 3, 2005
sorry this may be old news, but am a new K-7 owner. isn't this amazing? didn't know "weatherproof" can go to this extent.

[youtube]Op9mBbo92Ik[/youtube]

I've heard of people washing their Leica under a running tap after a day at the beach. Watching a video is something else! :D

Thanks for sharing. couldn't deny it did send chills down my spine when i watched it.

If you want to play with water, make sure you mount a WR lens with the K-7!
Also remember the weather sealing cannot withstand pressured water - water WILL get in if you submerge the K-7 underwater.

nothing new...should see what i do to clean my K20D to get rid of any accumulated dust in a jiffy. its on youtube too.

and do you guys notice that all this weather resistance videos from almost all the brands do not involve natural rain or even salt water. Even the waterproof tests of those all weather compact models during it shows or product launches do not involve salt water.

anyway if want true weather resistance, invest in sealed casings...i think by now should have those water tight underwater casings now right?

Last edited:
and do you guys notice that all this weather resistance videos from almost all the brands do not involve natural rain or even salt water. Even the waterproof tests of those all weather compact models during it shows or product launches do not involve salt water.

because the sky doesn't rain saltwater.

if you notice, the term used is "weather-sealed", i do not believe taking a bath in the ocean is part of the weather, unless you insist that the photographer needs to cool down on a hot day by the beach, in which case i have nothing to say. :)

by the way, great testimonies by professional real photographers :

http://www.outdoorphotographer.com/locations/north-america/alaska-by-sea.html?start=1

James’ Alaska photography is exclusively produced with Pentax cameras and lenses. He finds the K20D combined with the weather-sealed construction of Pentax DA* lenses to be particularly useful in the extreme environments of Alaska.

that's kenrick james:
http://www.kerrickjames.com/Artist.asp?ArtistID=16546&Akey=22RVBF6S

i think mark dimalanta uses underwater casings for some of his shots, but his bio shows him without:
http://www.markdimalanta.com/

sorry this may be old news, but am a new K-7 owner. isn't this amazing? didn't know "weatherproof" can go to this extent.

i will always, always state this again.

you need a weatherproof lens to do that comfortably and confidently.

there is no need to replicate antics of people who do not combine their weathersealed camera with weathersealed lens, and then let in some water without knowing, then 2 years down the road they will switch brands whining about how pentax isn't really weathersealed.

anyways, i don't have any weathersealed lens, but the k20d is a tough little camera for sure. :)

lol .. his last statement ... "Buy A Pentax"

Status
Not open for further replies.