Has anyone tried this kind of eyecup before?

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Eyecup-Viewf...198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5db6b14e

I experience problems when using the viewfinder, my nose is press against the lcd on my 550D. I dont feel that my eye is touching the viewfinder fully also. Wonder if this cheap item will help? And is this any good?

84706852.jpg

No idea if it's good... Looks like it'll be a pain to use if you wear glasses though. Canon does sell an original eyepiece extender that's meant to increase the length of the eyepiece so your nose doesn't smudge the LCD.

i have this & another one is DIY version (had this one 1st). more suited for people who dont wear specs.

Im not wearing glasses. And i dont like the canon extender eyepiece because it reduces the viewfinder by 30%. Does this really work?

Did use one before.... but find that it stick out too much and drop off too easily. After losing mine during a shoot... just use back the Org eyecup.

I use the KPS magnifier. My only issue with these is that if you are to keep the camera in a small carrying pouch. The eye cups does get in the way.

I experience problems when using the viewfinder, my nose is press against the lcd on my 550D. I dont feel that my eye is touching the viewfinder fully also. Wonder if this cheap item will help? And is this any good?
I use them & I like it. It covers the eye & you don't have to close one eye to look into the VF & it cuts off stray light from hindering your focusing. Keeps your nose off the lcd too.
You can get them here

Hi

Does anyone know what will I see with a 3 times magnifying eyepiece and a eyepiece with reduced 30%. Does it mean I can't see the fulminate for the 1st one and black borders for the 2nd one?