Has anyone tried buying DC from US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielin

Dec 29, 2003
Has anyone tried buying DC or laptop from US. I think the prices in US are cheaper becuse there are often some deals. I want to know when these things are shipped to Singapore whether additional taxs are needed. Thx a lot!

danielin said:
Has anyone tried buying DC or laptop from US. I think the prices in US are cheaper becuse there are often some deals. I want to know when these things are shipped to Singapore whether additional taxs are needed. Thx a lot!

Problem with ordering overseas is that most of the time shipping costs is hefty...as they would take into consideration insurance and international shipping costs...If products are faulty they won;t cover u for the shipping costs back to the seller (if they were to ship u a replacement set u got to cover them for the shipping costs again)

There were also the problem of "grey mkt" products which could be sold much cheaper...no warranty though

think thrice bro...not worth the risk unless u got a friend in US who is able to provide his address for ordering (some online stores do not charge shipping if within US states) and u can ask ur friend to ship to u then ;) --very much cheaper shipping costs

Thanks Dino. I had a friend in US who can bought an international warranty laptop for me and mail it to me. I just want to know whether any import taxes or Singapore GST will be chaerged after the goods are shipped to Singapore. Dose anyone has such experiences? Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.