Has anyone pushed Provia 100F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

I've got back a roll of slides from the lab of swans in flight and quite a few were a bit blur and 1/200 or 1/250 were insufficient to freeze them. (again, it depends on the angle of approach, if its a strict left to right flypast, its blur, but if they coming towards you, its sharp) Will be trying again at a different waterfowl reserve next week and am seeking opinions on pushing 100F 1 stop.

Looking at the web, it seems everyone says the grain is still very fine but the colour shifts (equal number say they don't detect a shift)

Anyone have experience with 100F specifically? Any tips? After rating at 200, should i err on the side of over or underexposure?

(limster)

I've pushed Provia 100F by 2 stops before. Some grain, but it's better than a lot of native ISO 400 film!

As for exposure, I set exposure as per normal in Matrix mode.

thanks. now all i need is a sunny day... :)

yes, i push 1 stop before. but on slide, it does not show any proof of grain. but if you really want to know, i think you have to develop the slide to 4R to see the result. Perhaps, you can also buy a 7x or 8 x loupe.

Originally posted by erwinx
Hi,
.. am seeking opinions on pushing 100F 1 stop.

Looking at the web, it seems everyone says the grain is still very fine but the colour shifts (equal number say they don't detect a shift)

Anyone have experience with 100F specifically? Any tips? After rating at 200, should i err on the side of over or underexposure?

(limster)

Just try pushing it 1 stop. Provia 100 is still good (grain and color) after pushing 1 stop. Grain shows up at 2 stops.

You may also want to try Kodak E200. (Good for pushing 1 stop to 400).

Some time back, I tried the new Provia 400. Although the grain seems to have improved, it is still quite visible.

And remember to inform the lab to push...

I had tried pushing it to 3 stops b4 and developed it myself using fuji hunt. the quality din turn out too well, but its still acceptable. most likely the developing time and temperature wasn't too constant.

i tried 2 stops too and the result is great. but i believe pushing asa 200 film by 2 stops will get better result then pushing provia 100f by 2 stops. as there seems to be a slight loss in colour saturation....but again might be due to chemical temperature.

I pushed it 1-stop and the though I don't have a loupe with me, the slides look ok. Maybe more to do with the lighting conditions than with pushing, but adding 81A filter like Moose Peterson does seems like a good order (of course, I'll just photoshop the colour balance). Got mainly 1/400 f5.6 and occasionally 1/500 f5.6.

Now to ponder whether to get 400mm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.