• XENNEC Camera Bags GIVE AWAY - SHARE & TAG your Friend to WIN one XENNEC Stylish bags. Visit this thread thread for more information.

Has anyone pushed Provia 100F?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Hi,

I've got back a roll of slides from the lab of swans in flight and quite a few were a bit blur and 1/200 or 1/250 were insufficient to freeze them. (again, it depends on the angle of approach, if its a strict left to right flypast, its blur, but if they coming towards you, its sharp) Will be trying again at a different waterfowl reserve next week and am seeking opinions on pushing 100F 1 stop.

Looking at the web, it seems everyone says the grain is still very fine but the colour shifts (equal number say they don't detect a shift)

Anyone have experience with 100F specifically? Any tips? After rating at 200, should i err on the side of over or underexposure?

(limster)

YSLee

Jan 17, 2002
Visit site
I've pushed Provia 100F by 2 stops before. Some grain, but it's better than a lot of native ISO 400 film!

As for exposure, I set exposure as per normal in Matrix mode.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
yes, i push 1 stop before. but on slide, it does not show any proof of grain. but if you really want to know, i think you have to develop the slide to 4R to see the result. Perhaps, you can also buy a 7x or 8 x loupe.

skf

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by erwinx
Hi,
.. am seeking opinions on pushing 100F 1 stop.

Looking at the web, it seems everyone says the grain is still very fine but the colour shifts (equal number say they don't detect a shift)

Anyone have experience with 100F specifically? Any tips? After rating at 200, should i err on the side of over or underexposure?

(limster)
Just try pushing it 1 stop. Provia 100 is still good (grain and color) after pushing 1 stop. Grain shows up at 2 stops.

You may also want to try Kodak E200. (Good for pushing 1 stop to 400).

Some time back, I tried the new Provia 400. Although the grain seems to have improved, it is still quite visible.

And remember to inform the lab to push...

N

Nuar

I had tried pushing it to 3 stops b4 and developed it myself using fuji hunt. the quality din turn out too well, but its still acceptable. most likely the developing time and temperature wasn't too constant.

i tried 2 stops too and the result is great. but i believe pushing asa 200 film by 2 stops will get better result then pushing provia 100f by 2 stops. as there seems to be a slight loss in colour saturation....but again might be due to chemical temperature.

erwinx

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
I pushed it 1-stop and the though I don't have a loupe with me, the slides look ok. Maybe more to do with the lighting conditions than with pushing, but adding 81A filter like Moose Peterson does seems like a good order (of course, I'll just photoshop the colour balance). Got mainly 1/400 f5.6 and occasionally 1/500 f5.6.

Now to ponder whether to get 400mm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom