has anyone heard of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hub_bo

Jul 28, 2006
Create Talents ? A modelling agency.

Can anyone give any comment abt it? much thanks =)

erm please? i need some help...
btw, it is located @ singapore shopping centre

Create Talents ? A modelling agency.

Can anyone give any comment abt it? much thanks =)

Little teenage girls approach hundreds of people a day in Orchard area to join these agencies, in hopes that the ego of these people clouds logic and common sense, and start paying $$$ for "portfolios" and "marketing efforts"

do a quick google search on the agency you are asking about, i.e: "createtalents singapore", and read up.:bsmilie:

Little teenage girls approach hundreds of people a day in Orchard area to join these agencies, in hopes that the ego of these people clouds logic and common sense, and start paying $$$ for "portfolios" and "marketing efforts"

do a quick google search on the agency you are asking about, i.e: "createtalents singapore", and read up.:bsmilie:

Yep jus search it, some sae is true while other say is not... how should i decipher ? :dunno: :dunno:

Erm does that matter ? I was asking on behalf of my fren, she got scouted. FYI she is 18

yanyewkay asked for your age because the answer to your initial question is already very obvious. You friend is not "scouted", more like "about to have pockets emptied". :bsmilie:
If your friend is really interested in the industry, apply to reputable companies and see if she gets accepted or rejected.

yanyewkay asked for your age because the answer to your initial question is already very obvious. You friend is not "scouted", more like "about to have pockets emptied". :bsmilie:
If your friend is really interested in the industry, apply to reputable companies and see if she gets accepted or rejected.
:thumbsup: ok maybe 18 isn't too mature an age to start knowing how the world works so can be forgiven. any older and you'll get a slap from a trout from me.

Jokes aside. There are genuine photostudios that do scout of fresh faces for model shoots. However, these model shoots are generally those you find in clubsnap. Informal and quite simple. No skills needed. So if you need to pay in order to be groomed..you're better off choosing your own modelling agency. If they're willing to PAY you and groom you. that's a different story.. Then perhaps you (or your friend) really got some potential.

Models wannabes? or Carrot cake wannabes?

:thumbsup: ok maybe 18 isn't too mature an age to start knowing how the world works so can be forgiven. any older and you'll get a slap from a trout from me.

Jokes aside. There are genuine photostudios that do scout of fresh faces for model shoots. However, these model shoots are generally those you find in clubsnap. Informal and quite simple. No skills needed. So if you need to pay in order to be groomed..you're better off choosing your own modelling agency. If they're willing to PAY you and groom you. that's a different story.. Then perhaps you (or your friend) really got some potential.

Models wannabes? or Carrot cake wannabes?

I know I might get flamed for this...
but the "cheapest" way is to go for a tfcd, pass the studio the photos, wait for calls then pay necessary $ for whatever courses?

in the case of TFCD.. yes it's a good way to offer the model-hobbyist's time to be shot. In some(most) cases, they do share the cost of MUA and transport. From there, they can build up a "portfolio".

But blindly throwing your "portfolio" to every studio... :dunno:

I don't know the path to modelling glory so I can't advise too much on this part. I think it's better to just tie up with some free-lance modelling agency, they keep you on their namelist and show your pics to potential customers and earn the commission and pay you the remaining amount, something like a 'manager'.

in the case of TFCD.. yes it's a good way to offer the model-hobbyist's time to be shot. In some(most) cases, they do share the cost of MUA and transport. From there, they can build up a "portfolio".

But blindly throwing your "portfolio" to every studio... :dunno:

I don't know the path to modelling glory so I can't advise too much on this part. I think it's better to just tie up with some free-lance modelling agency, they keep you on their namelist and show your pics to potential customers and earn the commission and pay you the remaining amount, something like a 'manager'.

That was the case with create talents. Free lance modelling but they require my friend to pay $350 for her portfolio

That was the case with create talents. Free lance modelling but they require my friend to pay $350 for her portfolio

Sounds more like, "thank you for your $350 and you will never hear from us again" :bsmilie:
Want to join my company? It's called Create Fools.

Sounds more like, "thank you for your $350 and you will never hear from us again" :bsmilie:
Want to join my company? It's called Create Fools.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: dun need create 1 la.. there is a large pool in this world le.

Status
Not open for further replies.