has anyone ever challenged courts' lowest price guarantee?

kwanhan

Aug 17, 2009
Redhill
i keep seeing the commercial on TV nowadays... and I wonder if anyone has challenged their lowest price guarantee...

like walk into courts at Funan and tell them that "ehhhhh at least 3 shops in this same building got lower price for this camera... how ah?"

i'm sure they probably have some clause to protect themselves... but wonder how it works :dunno:

courts is just total rubbish.

during the IT show, i told them that the IT show price and freebies are so much better than them, then i ask them "so wat is courts offer to be the lowest price guarantee?" <-- i said this pointing to the lowest price guarantee signs on the walls.

then wat the salesman tell me? "Go and get from the IT show instead, we are unable to match the IT show offer."

courts is total utter rubbish.

This is all bulls1t marketing lingo ...

Robinson is always saying that.
The Changi Airport retailers are always saying that.

You believe? :bsmilie:

well i think nobody has tried hard enough to get them to live by their words... maybe shoot some email high high to upper management

complain to CASE (?) or complain somewhere about false advertising.

but then again... i don't think any of us here jia pak bo eng got so much time lol

bukit timah branch is closing down. got very good offer . but dunno when is the last day.

courts is just total rubbish.

during the IT show, i told them that the IT show price and freebies are so much better than them, then i ask them "so wat is courts offer to be the lowest price guarantee?" <-- i said this pointing to the lowest price guarantee signs on the walls.

then wat the salesman tell me? "Go and get from the IT show instead, we are unable to match the IT show offer."

courts is total utter rubbish.

I'm not sure about that, but last time I went there, they say they can only match the price, but not the freebies as freebies are sponsored. Which I thought was reasonable. I'm not sure about them telling you flat that they cannot match the price though

ninelives said:
bukit timah branch is closing down. got very good offer . but dunno when is the last day.

I have seen that for ages.. Not sure when they're closing down.

i cannot be bother about these prices from megastore
theres only2 place i will consider for electronics and appliances

1)Goh Ah Bee from hougang
2)Everjoint at AMK

so i just check out the model and prices and head down to them
they just quote u the best price and is really the best price

court's price is at least 20 to 30% extra than the normal retail pricing........how to say it's lowest leh? total bullshit la.

Lowest price among megastore & not others

GREAT! I just bought a LCD TV from Courts Mega Store.... It cost me $798.... BUT SOMEONE BOUGHT IT AT $749 AT BEST DENKI!!!!! Can I claim from them?

once i remember checking out apple products at courts tampines. their prices were higher that what apple charged then. :dunno:

soeypixels said:

2)Everjoint at AMK

Hi, wat are e address for above shops? Would like to go n take a look.

My dad gets his electronics from Goh Ah Bee from Hougang too:thumbsup:

2)Everjoint at AMK

cqprime said:
My dad gets his electronics from Goh Ah Bee from Hougang too:thumbsup:

Do they sell camera gear?

for what i know they don sell camera stuff

mostly home appliances: hob, hood, washing machine and such
they are small neighborhood electronic shop and nothing much for you to see
most of us will check out the prices and model in megastore and give them a call for quote

Goh entertain direct phone quote with COD

Everjoint wants you to go down and put some deposit, sometimes they don even give u the price over the phone. but they do have good prices too

another shop that will match the lowest prices is the mega store at kallang leisure iirc?
sorry i cant remember the name

i know all these as i was doing some minor home renovation
infos are mostly from renotalk

as for the contacts pls do a search online cos they are easily available

soeypixels said:
for what i know they don sell camera stuff

mostly home appliances: hob, hood, washing machine and such
they are small neighborhood electronic shop and nothing much for you to see
most of us will check out the prices and model in megastore and give them a call for quote

Goh entertain direct phone quote with COD

Everjoint wants you to go down and put some deposit, sometimes they don even give u the price over the phone. but they do have good prices too

another shop that will match the lowest prices is the mega store at kallang leisure iirc?
sorry i cant remember the name

i know all these as i was doing some minor home renovation
infos are mostly from renotalk

as for the contacts pls do a search online cos they are easily available

Oic I used to buy from hong liang at alexander village...basically these shops survive based on supplier credit term

GREAT! I just bought a LCD TV from Courts Mega Store.... It cost me $798.... BUT SOMEONE BOUGHT IT AT $749 AT BEST DENKI!!!!! Can I claim from them?

:thumbsup: Great work by Courts! They let me claim back part of the different! This afternoon a representative from Courts called me up to explain to me why there was a different in Price. I was told that Best Denki was having their "In-House" promotion on selected model for weekend only and only 10 sets per store which happened to be the LCD TV I bought.... But he was honest enough to tell me Best Denki was actually selling at $779 after that promotion and Courts was willing to refund me the different which was $19 x 2=$38 ($798 - $779)....... Well better than nothing!

Courts so called "usual price" is crap. It's just a random number punched in by the person who types the price tags. This figure has to be few tens of dollars higher than the "selling price". This fictitious price would be labeled as "usual price". :thumbsd::thumbsd::thumbsd: