Has anyone bought an apple product using the education pricing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
student pass if it's at the store? i'm not that sure, you might want to go there and ask for yourself.

Just buy it online using educational discount. Anyone can do it. They don't do any checks on it . I've bought macbook pro, macbook air, and cinema display using the educational discount. All no problems.

Same for me. They do check your background. So do be careful though.

ooo i do qualify for the education discount...just wondering how they want verification to be done.
You don't have to provide anything. Just your name, your address, credit card number. They will verify everything else. If you are afraid of ordering online, call Apple Telesales instead. They will do it for you. Just make sure before ordering, go to the online store, take a look at the stuff you want, or upgrades, then just mention to them. They are very friendly.

FYI

From the Terms and Conditions disclaimer
----------------------------
6. Education customers audit rights

Apple routinely audits the purchases of customers at the Apple Store for Education to insure that only eligible purchases have ordered and that all purchase conditions have been observed. Should an audit disclose after delivery (or should Apple otherwise discover) that you were not an eligible purchaser at the time you placed your order or that you have not observed all of the conditions applicable to your purchase, you authorize Apple:

* If you placed your order by credit card, to charge to your credit card the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order; and

* If you paid by a means other than credit card, to (a) invoice you for the difference between the amount that you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the same goods at the Apple Store, payable in fifteen days from the date of the invoice, and (b), should you fail to pay the invoice when due, institute legal action against you in a court of competent jurisdiction, with the prevailing party entitled to attorneys' fees.

* Should Apple not offer to the general public the specific products that you purchased at the Apple Store for education, your credit card will be charged or you will be invoiced the difference between the amount you paid for the delivered goods and the price that Apple charged the general public for the closest equivalent goods at the Apple Store, in effect on the date that you placed your order.
----------------------------

Have made so many purchases with apple under the education scheme. Just go under the edu store and make your purchase. If need of verifications, they'll email/call you for your student id (can fax/email) them a scanned copy of it. That is if they contact you. Else, it goes through and your item(s) will be delivered to your doorstep soon.

OF course, integrity is up to each individual bah.

if not wrong education pricing available only on-line. check with a few stores they dont offer in shops itself

if not wrong education pricing available only on-line. check with a few stores they dont offer in shops itself

yup. only Apple Singapore (online) offers the edu discount. btw, those retailers aren't apple singapore thus they are not authorised to make such discounts. :)

schools have it too, they have a company doing the retail..campus supplies or something but maybe it differs from place to place

Last edited:
Jus to ask, whats is prices discount uh? can seems to find it.. what if i am looking at the mac book pro,15" 2.5 ghz how much will it be after discount?:dunno:

Jus to ask, whats is prices discount uh? can seems to find it.. what if i am looking at the mac book pro,15" 2.5 ghz how much will it be after discount?:dunno:

with edu discount it's going for 2648, without going for 2788:)

call them. u get faster response. you shld check with your teacher friends...they may have even better better edu deals

Status
Not open for further replies.