Has anyone been to IMAX @ GV Grand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
gremlin said:
How is the experience like? Worth 13 buxks? :D
ya i have... went to watch Matrix Reloaded there. whether it's worth $13 i think depends on the movie. the screen is really big, but the problem is that with the big-screen ratio, the sides tend to be cut off (like your TV)... :eek:

gremlin said:
How is the experience like? Worth 13 buxks? :D

hehehe.....watched matrix revolution again there last week...sound not bad, screen too big, see until my :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

there's one part which was cut in the SG edition of the show, just one small part where the les pinched the nipples of her partner... ;p

Imho, its worth it...watched Matrix Revolution there, but the screen is huge, makes me feel :eek: :what: :confused: ...

As Larry pointed out, the screen ratio is almost 4:3, so the sides got cut off...

Here's the comparison:
format.jpg

But its cool, waiting for Apollo 13 now... :p

yeah....Apollo 13....a must watch movie.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

henavs said:
Imho, its worth it...watched Matrix Revolution there, but the screen is huge, makes me feel :eek: :what: :confused: ...

As Larry pointed out, the screen ratio is almost 4:3, so the sides got cut off...

Here's the comparison:
format.jpg

But its cool, waiting for Apollo 13 now... :p

daddy said:
yeah....Apollo 13....a must watch movie.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DO they show "Lord of the Ring" in IMAX? It will be good if they do. :cool:

I think will lor. big popular movie definitely show on IMAX onezzz

if LOTR is shown there then those wide angle battle scenes will be short-changed leh :(

which they are still going head lor.. the 12 hour marathon screening of the LOTR trilogy :bigeyes:

Wooohooo...the Imax sound system is much, MUCH better than any of those normal GV or what-have-you cinemas. The screen is also much brighter than the normal cinema's. The only weakness was that it is in the 4:3 aspect ratio which made the movie, well, funny. I was thinking why are the characters standing so close to the edge of the screen that it got cut off...

The screen was so big that you can see the pockmarks clearly on Laurence Fishburne's face.

I watched the Revolutions at the GV IMAX, pretty cool. I was like 5 rows away from the screen, a bit too close. ;p

I watched Reloaded at an Imax theatre in the States, it's pretty cool as well. But I don't remember being that close. :) It's also more "wide screen".

The detail is amazing.....

Heard/read somewhere Return of the King will be on IMAX, not sure if it will be launched here.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
I watched the Revolutions at the GV IMAX, pretty cool. I was like 5 rows away from the screen, a bit too close. ;p

I watched Reloaded at an Imax theatre in the States, it's pretty cool as well. But I don't remember being that close. :) It's also more "wide screen".

The detail is amazing.....

Heard/read somewhere Return of the King will be on IMAX, not sure if it will be launched here.

Regards
CK

Yeah, i believe thats where i bumped into you and RD. ;) Anyhow, i enjoye dthe experience watching it but to know whether it's truly worth it or not, one has to try and then he will know. :D :p

Status
Not open for further replies.