Has anybody used the Tokina 24-200mm lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderlilz

Jun 2, 2002
hErE lAh
Would like to know the performance of the abovementioned lens if anyone of you guys have used it.

Originally posted by markccm
Haha... I also interested to find out. Seems quite good.
Btw, how much izzit? :D

no idea. sent my request for an equote but Cathay has yet to reply.

How does it compare to Sigma or Tamron. Think they have similar specs rite?

For Tamron, there's a 28-200mm F/3.5-5.6 IF Macro XR lens. Fairly good lens. Sharp but not super sharp. Lightest lens(465g) in the world for this class. Its known to be the ultimate travel lens. $400 from Cathay. Good bang for the buck model. The 28-300 F/3.5-6.3 is $600+.

read more

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

so u don't get any barrel distortion at 24-28mm?

What about pin-cushion effect?

No barrel distortion or pin-cushion effect at all at 24-28mm... perhaps its because I'm using D60 (1.6 FOV multiplier)?

How about the Sigma then? They have something similar too rite?
Thanx 4 the info "maddog"
Sorri, dun know how to address u.

Originally posted by camerakit

No barrel distortion or pin-cushion effect at all at 24-28mm... perhaps its because I'm using D60 (1.6 FOV multiplier)?

yeah but will it be a problem on a film cam?

Originally posted by maddog

For Tamron, there's a 28-200mm F/3.5-5.6 IF Macro XR lens. Fairly good lens. Sharp but not super sharp. Lightest lens(465g) in the world for this class. Its known to be the ultimate travel lens. $400 from Cathay. Good bang for the buck model. The 28-300 F/3.5-6.3 is $600+.

read more

its either i get the tamron 28-200 or this tokina lens. I've never used anything wider than 28mm - so is 24mm ALOT wider than 28mm?

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

its either i get the tamron 28-200 or this tokina lens. I've never used anything wider than 28mm - so is 24mm ALOT wider than 28mm?

Get tokina. Whats your body btw.

Originally posted by camerakit

That's cheap! However, take note that the tokina cannot do macro. Minimum focusing distance is 80cm. :(

that's too far

Lillian, I think the Tamron lens has a shorter distance from the subject. Its very much lighter too.

The 28-200mm XR series with macro. Not sure if the Sigma one is on par.

These 2 lenses really good 4 a all-in-one combo.

Cheers

Lillian, I think the Tamron lens has a shorter distance from the subject. Its very much lighter too.

The 28-200mm XR series with macro. Not sure if the Sigma one is on par.

These 2 lenses really good 4 a all-in-one combo.

Cheers

yeah plus cheaper :p

Status
Not open for further replies.