Has any one placed order for Half Life 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

canturn

Sep 29, 2002
East, SG
www.lyricalmoments.com
After all the hype and wait, just wanna see how many CSer have ordered their copy of Half Life 2. (Scheduled to launch on 19 Nov right?)

Probably have to triple my ram, upgrade to a new gfx card 5 generations down my current one, and get a new processor :sweat:

Hmm..have been playing CS:Source for months, which is based on HL2 engine

still lagging on my P4-2.4Ghz + 9600XT (overclocked) + 1GB of RAM

only playable (ard 30-40fps) at 800x600 and default details and Anti Aliasing on.

It is a waste if u play at low details level and anti aliasing off

One day i am going to install the X800XT and try 1600 x 1200 with max detail and anti aliasing

what graphic card are u using?

Wai said:
Hmm..have been playing CS:Source for months, which is based on HL2 engine

still lagging on my P4-2.4Ghz + 9600XT (overclocked) + 1GB of RAM

only playable (ard 30-40fps) at 800x600 and default details and Anti Aliasing on.

It is a waste if u play at low details level and anti aliasing off

One day i am going to install the X800XT and try 1600 x 1200 with max detail and anti aliasing

what graphic card are u using?

Geforce 3 :embrass:
Doom 3 crawls...
Have got 512mb ram, P4 2Ghz on an old 845E chipset, what gfx card would u recommend?

Seems like these days, the performance is dependent more on the gfx card than the CPU speed of the system.

hi, half life fan here too. Any cheaper if we order together?
The HL2 engine so demand on resources ?? I only have Geforce4, 512RAM, 2.8E and a 10k rpm HDD. enu to kick start?

at 800x600 and details set to low, yes...still playable ~30fps but you can't enjoy the high details graphics in the new engine

Let me take some screen shot at 1600 x 1200 and highest quality to show u the different :D

Wai said:
at 800x600 and details set to low, yes...still playable ~30fps but you can't enjoy the high details graphics in the new engine

Let me take some screen shot at 1600 x 1200 and highest quality to show u the different :D

hmmmm...looks like time to upgrade my system anyway...comps been running non-stop 24/7 for the past 3 years

x800 is little too rich for my blood, any other recommendations?

6800 better or x800 better? hehe

Btw, they featured the dream pc in Digital Life section today...

Screw HL2 the WoW Open Beta is up!!!! :D :D :D :D

U dun really have to buy the game...a cheaper alternatives will be getting one of those ATI Redeon cards that comes with the HL2 voucher

with the serial number, you can download a copy of the software liao, that's how i manage to play this game a few months ago

Wai said:
U dun really have to buy the game...a cheaper alternatives will be getting one of those ATI Redeon cards that comes with the HL2 voucher

with the serial number, you can download a copy of the software liao, that's how i manage to play this game a few months ago
yeah... final part of the game to be release on the 16th. :D

sbs99 said:
read in gameaxis review...its gonna kick behinds. hehe
the wait for almost 2 years has finally arrived.

hi, is the bundle of HL2 for ATI Redeon cards still avail? any ATI Redeon cards series is recommmended? not too exp pls. :)

Wai said:

LOL! Check this out!

TwinkeMasta-image_comparison.jpg

It's either x800 256mb vs Geforce 6800 128mb (not ultra or GTS)...they're at $750 and $545 respectively.

What's the recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.