Has Adobe CS2 shipped locally?


Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#1
Hello, wondering if anyone out there has found Adobe CS2 locally. I am planning to get an educational-lisenced copy. Not sure about the availability. Thanks for any info.
 

1Ds

Senior Member
Jan 4, 2003
676
1
18
54
Visit site
#2
No, was told that it will be start shipping in July.
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#3
Here is some discussion on educational version vs full version. Seems that educational version also can be used *commercially*.
 

1Ds

Senior Member
Jan 4, 2003
676
1
18
54
Visit site
#4
tomshen said:
Here is some discussion on educational version vs full version. Seems that educational version also can be used *commercially*.
No, a printing company who print my company name card got caught by BSA for using Edu softwares include Adobe Photoshop. :nono:
 

jopel

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2004
1,175
1
0
#5
July.
Educational is not for commercial use.

Order online should be much faster and cheaper than buy it locally.
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#6
sigh, not any discount available for a full version of CS. I actually need photoshop and adobe writer in the package. The rest are not important to me. But paying these two software is the same as purchasing the full box at 2k+. Going to try Gimp. My photoshop element 2 is still functioning...
 

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
2,927
0
0
#8
saw Photoshop CS educational selling at south asia. $499

Has a FREE upgrade to CS2 sticker on it. I thought educational version cannot upgrade. Dunno if they stick sticker wrongly.
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#9
wind30 said:
saw Photoshop CS educational selling at south asia. $499

Has a FREE upgrade to CS2 sticker on it. I thought educational version cannot upgrade. Dunno if they stick sticker wrongly.
May I know where is South Asia please? Maybe I could get the educational version first and later upgrade to a full version with less overall price. Need to check out on this.
 

Feb 22, 2002
431
0
16
31
singapore
Visit site
#11
tomshen said:
May I know where is South Asia please? Maybe I could get the educational version first and later upgrade to a full version with less overall price. Need to check out on this.
funan center opposite john 3.16
 

jopel

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2004
1,175
1
0
#12
Order online through US is defintely cheaper by a couple of hundreds.

Educational pack cannot use for upgrading - at least not to the retail pack.
 

1Ds

Senior Member
Jan 4, 2003
676
1
18
54
Visit site
#14
wind30 said:
saw Photoshop CS educational selling at south asia. $499

Has a FREE upgrade to CS2 sticker on it. I thought educational version cannot upgrade. Dunno if they stick sticker wrongly.
PicnPixel selling $455.00 with Free upgrade :)
 

tomshen

Senior Member
Feb 20, 2002
3,644
0
36
Singapore
#15
jopel said:
Educational pack cannot use for upgrading - at least not to the retail pack.
Not true. Adobe site has some info regarding "upgrading educational version to the full version". I also read such upgrading in DPReview forum.
 

jopel

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2004
1,175
1
0
#19
Pic & Pixel (Singapore) Pte Ltd
109 North Bridge Rd
#04-12/13 Funan The IT Mall
179097


Buy now till July will entitle to free upgrade. Forget when is the cut off date.
 

jopel

Senior Member
Dec 21, 2004
1,175
1
0
#20
tomshen said:
Not true. Adobe site has some info regarding "upgrading educational version to the full version". I also read such upgrading in DPReview forum.
Just check with Milan from P&P. The education pack cannot upgrade to full retail pack. It will have a free upgrade for CS2 educational pack.

Stock will come late June.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom