Harvey Norman seem to have the best deal on FZ 5...

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

Jan 31, 2005
Harvey Norman seem to have the best deal on FZ 5...at $599 with 256 MB SD card. Anybody know whether MS colour or Alan Photo will lower price in response to this?

Yes. I just read their advert a few minutes ago! All the other models were selling at retail price but with free accessories.

The FZ5 is the only one that actually has a real discount over its original retail price of $799. I was at SLS today and the lowest quote I got was $660, so this deal is all the more sweeter. In addition to the 256MB card and case, there's also the usual tabletop tripod...

Only issue is its identified as "DMC-FZ5GC" and not the usual "DMC-FZ5S".
I checked their website and seems there is no mention of this variant. I normally assume the characters behind denote the colour of the model but does not seem the case. they are all silver. I would prefer a black one...:)
Anyone has any idea what the "GC" mean?

Seems like the offer is till 24 Jul. This is the first time I actually see a large retailer like HN with prices that beat SLS! ...

just to add, I was at AP and MS today and their prices are not anywhere near HN's..

Airconvent... hardcore 568 user from PPCSG...???

Nice meeting u here... yap i think the GC and S denotes the colour...

yup...its me! :) John Teoh is lurking here also..

As for the GC and S prefix, from the diagram , they are both silver leh...so what's the difference?

I think GC is black and S is silver... that what i think... so u got urself an FZ5...?

Yappz... Azul123 oso lurking here... somewhere... come for plug lehz... heee...

Checked with Parkway Parade HN today on e FZ5 promo, a saleman there informed that there is a printing error of the FZ5 price. RRP should be $799, not $599 as printed. It's a printing error, he showed me a newspaper cutting on e apology from HN on e error. But I'm not sure which paper the cutting was from though, didn't ask then.

Lumix5 said:
Checked with Parkway Parade HN today on e FZ5 promo, a saleman there informed that there is a printing error of the FZ5 price. RRP should be $799, not $599 as printed. It's a printing error, he showed me a newspaper cutting on e apology from HN on e error. But I'm not sure which paper the cutting was from though, didn't ask then.

Not again... :dunno: :nono: :devil:

Hong Jia said:
I think GC is black and S is silver... that what i think... so u got urself an FZ5...?

Yappz... Azul123 oso lurking here... somewhere... come for plug lehz... heee...

nope...K is black, S is silver...

Lumix5 said:

aiyah...how can they be like that? I better go and confirm tomorrow...maybe they sorry for the error, will sell at the advertised price? :)
looks like I will sit on this a while longer...anyway, still have to sell off my nikon 4300 first...

airconvent said:
nope...K is black, S is silver...

Okie... i went to look at my box... DMC-FZ10GC-K... heee... so now u noe what does the GC mean... i guess it mean nothing... probably just the region that the FZ suppose to be release in bah... hee...

Hong Jia said:
Okie... i went to look at my box... DMC-FZ10GC-K... heee... so now u noe what does the GC mean... i guess it mean nothing... probably just the region that the FZ suppose to be release in bah... hee...

GC means Good Condition la!

hehehehehe

Just kidding.........

airconvent said:
yup...its me! :) John Teoh is lurking here also..

As for the GC and S prefix, from the diagram , they are both silver leh...so what's the difference?

Muhahaha... Another potential mod candidate is here :bsmilie: So you coming to PLUG for the next Sat?

Cheers
John

Hey Guys, wat normally do u guys do in the PLUG meetings? So when do u all meet up?

My wife just twisted my ear when she saw the Harvey Norman ad cause I brought at $665.. so is it true that the price is printed wrongly?

Mel

according from hwz forum a guy claimed that he was told it was a printing error when he visited harvey norman. Vstrom go get your revenge!

they never proof read did they?

I read the "The New Paper" plenty of errors every time.

it happens n will again.

sadly, I popped by Harvey Norman to check it out and its confirmed.

They don't even have a demo set let alone a new set for sale!
I asked them if there are selling at retail price and the same exact bundle as others, why call it a "special" offer. He said because they offered interest free loan! What about people who pay in full? He said there's also a Great Singapore sale lucky draw...these people have absolutely no idea what a "special offer" is! :)

Oddly, while everyone (Canon, Nikon) are all giving special deals, Panasonic is very quiet....

not only that, they also printed wrongly for a plasma TV..
$4499 actual fact is $4999.
damn screwed, duno which marketing ppl will get fired..

Hong Jia said:

Okay, I work in Panasonic (not in the camera division, sadly).
Here's what Panasonic use to identify which region the products are made for, and some of the colour codes that I can remember right now.

Colour codes are the last alphabet indicated in the model number.
-K (black)
-S (silver)
-W (white)
and some others which I can't really recall since these are the most common colours in the current market.

The codes after the model number and just before the colour codes indentify which region that product belongs to, due to different voltage ratings used in the different regions.
In Panasonic we use the term "series", eg "P series" for N. America, "E series" for Europe, "G series" for Asia, etc.

These are some of the series used.
P/PC/PP (N. America)
E/EB/EG (Europe)
GC/GN/GCS/GT (Asia)

Thanks MyNikon.
Are you able to sound out if Panasonic will actually package anything attractive in the coming PC show. With 256MB card and a pouch, its really pathethic...most of the other companies are offering more than previous shows...bags, umbrellas and stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.