Harvey Norman Promo

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen2003

Mar 23, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
My friend planning to get a camera from Harvey Norman soon. Heard over the radio that currently there is a free extended warranty promo. Is it true?

aiyah.. 5 yrs warranty wad... BUT u pay more for the warranty.. add here and there lor... in the end.. i tell u.. u wouldnt want to pay for it liao.. the $ pay for warranty can maybe get u a lens or a spare batt..

consider the cost.... its not worth it.. unless its free for the extension.. if not .. 4get it...

my 2cnts.. ;)

imo. no point. I dun believe I can use the same camera for 5 yrs. Technology change very fast especially for digital cam.

:nono: not worth it.

glennyong said:
aiyah.. 5 yrs warranty wad... BUT u pay more for the warranty.. add here and there lor... in the end.. i tell u.. u wouldnt want to pay for it liao.. the $ pay for warranty can maybe get u a lens or a spare batt..

consider the cost.... its not worth it.. unless its free for the extension.. if not .. 4get it...

my 2cnts.. ;)

Yeah. I heard it is free extension. Can anyone confirm? I think my friend is planning to take the installment scheme. :)

check first... its better to be safe den sorry...

if its free den its ok... if its not... DUN GET IT !! even if ur paying installment....

paying extra for Warranty is not wise..

HN charge the recommended retail price. The C5060WZ cost S$1400+ and you can get it less than that in any photo retail shop.

Installment? You ended up paying a bomb. Why not use your credit card pay for the purchase at, for eg., Cathay Photo. Then use credit facilities to pay back to your credit card after 30 days. You pay less interest than by installment from HN.

Extended warrant? Don't buy the idea. My neighbour DVD Recorder went bust and he cannot get back the original model, instead was offered the next model at the fraction of price he paid.

Like they said, electronics gadget change by the time you fully understand their function.

HN I think have similar 0% interest free installments using credit card like Courts. If you repay in 12 months they bill your credit card, Price/12 every month, nothing extra. However they sell at MSRP, which can be 10% ~ 20% more than the street price :bigeyes:

Shops like MS color charge 5% more (beside GST) for 0% installments.

Ben Loke said:
HN charge the recommended retail price. The C5060WZ cost S$1400+ and you can get it less than that in any photo retail shop.

Installment? You ended up paying a bomb. Why not use your credit card pay for the purchase at, for eg., Cathay Photo. Then use credit facilities to pay back to your credit card after 30 days. You pay less interest than by installment from HN.

Extended warrant? Don't buy the idea. My neighbour DVD Recorder went bust and he cannot get back the original model, instead was offered the next model at the fraction of price he paid.

Like they said, electronics gadget change by the time you fully understand their function.

Status
Not open for further replies.