Harrison & Gil Furniture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Aug 15, 2004
Do these shots work for you? :thumbsup: or :thumbsd: ?

42506486.jpg

42506488.jpg

42608438.jpg

The mood is there Tim. Its quite good really. However, I feel that some glamour style lighting would take it up to the next level.

I think its pretty cool. I'm not too sure abt the last pics though. Jeans don't seem to go well with the overall feel. High heels might add some punch to the first pic too.

sorry.. only #2 works for me.. #1 and #3 doesn't seem to appeal to me.

You didn't use a professional model right?

yanyewkay said:
sorry.. only #2 works for me.. #1 and #3 doesn't seem to appeal to me.

You didn't use a professional model right?

same thoughts here. 1 & 3, the legs seem to draw more attention than the furniture. overall good attempt.

sadly, number 2 only works

1 n 3 seems to sell either lifestyle or fashion...which here seems to show more of the shoes.

overall...hey! this is a cool thing to shoot.

hey tim, like no. 2 the best...shifting away from shooting cars? :)

#2 looks :thumbsup: ... nice feel to it too =) ... for 1 and 3 ... hmmm ... agree that they look too much like a fashion pic ... and the tilt doesn't work for me ... but then ... thats just my 2 cents =/ ...

Thanks for looking guys!

Agreed marc, wish I had that option but I thought that would give the greatest effect in a studio shot. Ambient lighting seemed more natural... *sigh* no justification for lamps nor extra slave flashes, heh

Sam, shifting away from cars? Never.
Just been on a long break to clear my mind for fresh ideas.

I do admit that the there is no definitive point to lead the viewer to the furniture (cept for pic#2) but the approach in mind was to attempt to highlight both the human body with the furniture... because that's what's furniture is all about =)

DOnt think I need a professional model, my budget & portraiture is horrible at the moment =)

H&G has beautiful mirrors, y didnt u include them in? :)

I think there's a lot of improvement on the model even if you don't intend to use a professional. Minor things like blemishes on the feet (eg: mosquito scars, patches, etc..) can use make up to cover up. Of course PS can also do it.

the thick popping up viens on hands and legs: raise the hands and leg up so the blood inside flow backwards and the veins will flatten before taking the shot. Be quick though becos the viens will pop up very fast. Raising the legs may be awkward but.. :dunno: the preference of thick veins is very individual. I prefer not to have them

#3 folding the jeans doesn't really work for me.. to show more of the feet, pull up more of the jeans and distribute along the legs or get a shorter pair.

normally for experienced models in this field, the "hands and legs model" I call them will do all those automatically, that was the give away to me that she wasn't a professional model. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.