Harper's Bazaar & Ion Photography Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

schon

Sep 10, 2005
the other side
was browsing the ion website when i came across this.

now's your chance to shoot in shopping malls with confidence! :bsmilie:

Harpers_Bazaar.jpg

http://www.ionorchard.com/whats-on/promotions/351-bazaar-photography-awards

something to note:

Harper's Bazaar reserves the rights to images submitted in this competition.

i'm sure you know what that means.

yes nightmare ... but at least we are allowed to shoot inside the mall freely without looking like a terrorist :)

i was stopped by security guard in bishan junction 8 last year .... i was shooting at the basement event space from the 3rd floor by the way ... :)

yes nightmare ... but at least we are allowed to shoot inside the mall freely without looking like a terrorist :)

i was stopped by security guard in bishan junction 8 last year .... i was shooting at the basement event space from the 3rd floor by the way ... :)

Apparently, the rights to your photographs mean nothing to you as long as you have a chance to take photos. Your perogative.....

i think the rights they refer to means that they can publish your photos that you submit - would be quite cool to see your work in a international mag.... :think:

i think the rights they refer to means that they can publish your photos that you submit - would be quite cool to see your work in a international mag.... :think:

how far before we stop giving out freebies?

if you had the chance to have your image published in the front of a paperback novel, would you grab it?

i'm not even sure if they even have to credit you.

how far before we stop giving out freebies?

if you had the chance to have your image published in the front of a paperback novel, would you grab it?

i'm not even sure if they even have to credit you.

I think for many of us, getting to see your photos being published for the first time is a confident booster. If you get credited, lagi better - free advertisement.

Having said that, I doubt anyone likes to constantly give out freebies. Once or twice is enough. Its really up to the photographer :)

I think for many of us, getting to see your photos being published for the first time is a confident booster. If you get credited, lagi better - free advertisement.

Having said that, I doubt anyone likes to constantly give out freebies. Once or twice is enough. Its really up to the photographer :)

for who?

when you really think about it, it means nothing to anyone.

when i buy a magazine, i couldn't care less who the photographer who shot a certain thing was especially if he was nameless.

when i buy a novel, i couldn't care less who shot the cover, especially if he was not known to me prior to that.

you are giving exposure too much credit. look beyond it, you are just training people everywhere that photographers are suckers looking to be exploited.. in the long run. exposure is putting a name to a face, pushing your name forward, pushing your photographs forward. putting a photograph somewhere and a small credit line in the book where it is hard to find...... such that few will look for it, that is not exposure to me.

.......... lets just go to the mall to have some fun ................... :lovegrin:

What is so interesting to shoot in a shopping center? Sg really so small until nothing to shoot already have to resort to going shopping center to shoot :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.