HaRo! New here:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quizers

Jan 12, 2010
Hi guys!

I'm new here and i'm here to seek advice from you guys for what cam i should get.

I want to learn some photography skills, so hoping to get a good camera that can let me use manual. However I don't think i should jump straight into DSLR, so can anyone recommend the cheapest best camera that let me learn photography skills?

I am thinking of LX3 and S90, but they are really expensive(can't bear to part with the $$:bsmilie:)

Do you think it's worth it for a newbie like me?

Also, do you think Pana FX580 or Canon 120IS can serve it's purpose here?

Many thanks!

Welcome to CS...:cool:

Don't rush...read up there are many articles for u learn.

you can consider second hand cam under buy and sell section which u can consider which might be cheaper and fit within your budget.

Get a Panasonic LZ10. Around $179 from Best Denki, pretty good for it's price, especially since it has the PASM modes that you need.

Hi! I read up on some, and saw many great photos!

Went throught the buy sell section many times, but LX3 are still at high price and there's no sight of S90. Hahas.

As i am a really indecisive person, i really hope to settle on 1 model then head out to buy, so please help this newbie here, Thanks!

Saw the LZ10, it's slightly too cheap for my budget, as i want to use it for a longer period of time, so must as well get something better?

hmmmm...what is your budget then?

Haro, Quizers. Hmmm... I probably can't help you much here.
Let's wait for other members who are more familiar with the P&S and Prosumers to advise you.
I just want to say a warm welcome to you.

Hie people, hmm my budget is around $400-500, but of course, if there's enough reason, i don't mind forking out another $100 or more to get a better cam like LX3 or S90.

2nd hand DSLR is out of my choices, as i am hoping to learn it on a compact cam instead. Don't like to lug a heavy cam around, and also, there's high maintenance..

If possible, please advise my on this 4 cams, LX3, S90, 120IS and pana FX580

:D:D:D

LX3 is good.. save up for it..

Welcome to CS :) Look around & read up some reviews, that may help ;)

Thanks!

nothing wrong with LZ10...
Just because it's cheap, you write it off?

It's made almost entirely of plastic in order to save cost.
But if you take care of it, I don't see why it won't last. As a learning tool for photography, it isn't beaten by the LX3.

If you are buying a PASM-capable PnS as a stepping stone to getting a DSLR, why do you need to spend $400-$500 on a camera that you want to replace eventually with a DSLR?

If you are buying a PASM-capable PnS as a stepping stone to getting a DSLR, why do you need to spend $400-$500 on a camera that you want to replace eventually with a DSLR?

2nd this.
There is no such thing as needing to buy a manual capable compact camera first before buy a DSLR. Just get the DSLR and start learning the right thing right away!

Unless of course you intend to stick with the compact if it meets your needs.

2nd this.
There is no such thing as needing to buy a manual capable compact camera first before buy a DSLR. Just get the DSLR and start learning the right thing right away!

Unless of course you intend to stick with the compact if it meets your needs.

Yep, that's the problem, cos i am wishing to stay with a compact and not advance to DSLR for at least a few years or even more. Thus i'm hoping to get a better compact cam that can last me at least for a few years.

It will be good if u can help me choose one among the 4 compact cam above. Thanks for all e help:D

Anywhere i can post this to garner more advices?

Get all four models and try.

Keep the one you like best. ;)

Any lower budget method?

Status
Not open for further replies.