Harmonizing Conflicts~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi all~~
Finally the project comes to an end for me and i am back (for quite some times i think)~~ Got my Wide Angle Lens today and decided to bring it for some shooting~

Just 2 shots to share~ These 2 shots gives me a feel of "conflicts" that are in harmony.

C&Cs Welcome~

1) Peaceful on the surface. Chaotic Turbulence at the bottom.

Edited-6320eforweb.jpg

2) Gives me a feel of something ancient moving towards something new.

Edited-6337eforweb.jpg

That's all~ ;)

Hopefully i can take my half day leave tomorrow and do some shooting to add on to this thread~:sweat:

#1 - like the idea, but the pano crop ... :think:
somehow, doesn't work for me. But that's just me.

#2 - Would prefer it in colour, and the boat a bit too close to the center of the frame leh

#1 - like the idea, but the pano crop ... :think:
somehow, doesn't work for me. But that's just me.

#2 - Would prefer it in colour, and the boat a bit too close to the center of the frame leh

Hehe, for #1, you are not the only who said that man. My sis also said so. But i was kinda far from the "balls" and my max reach is 24mm, so bo bian man...I got to crop away the constructions at the back in order to focus on the balls. If i am nearer, i will prefer to shoot the balls from a rather low angle and used purely the balls to filled the shot at 12mm.

For #2, the colour shots cannot make it leh... Cos i dunno why, this Tokina 12-24 seems to be underexposed using my usual EV-0.7 for my D80 leh. D80 is known to be overexposed and thus i always kept this setting. By the time i realise, too late liao man, the boat is moving further away from me... :(

Will shoot more with this lens and played with the limited zoom range. I guess i have been to use to the convenience of the 18-135mm liao...:embrass:

By the time i realise, too late liao man, the boat is moving further away from me... :(

Can always wait for the next boat mah! So many plying the river.

Can always wait for the next boat mah! So many plying the river.

Hehe, this boat happens to "zun zun" come out underneath the bridge while i was walking and i was in a "mai tu liao" reaction. The thing is, the direction of the boats moving is hard to predict cos of the balls covering most of the area and they need to siam it. :sweat:

But i think i will try again sometimes~ Haha, i love this lens~:bsmilie:

ok, i didnt notice the balls in the 2nd shot due to the b&w

If you have the time, just wait a few minutes, the boats are pretty regular.

ok, i didnt notice the balls in the 2nd shot due to the b&w

If you have the time, just wait a few minutes, the boats are pretty regular.

Hehe, thanks~ I will try again!!! But most probably without the balls liao ;)

2) Gives me a feel of something ancient moving towards something new.

Edited-6337eforweb.jpg

That's all~ ;)

Hopefully i can take my half day leave tomorrow and do some shooting to add on to this thread~:sweat:

I find the backround abit distracting. Maybe it is too small to be seen and the Singapore Flyer (is it Singapore Flyer or is it not?) is "chopped off":sweat: However, I do like the feel and the color of the photo :).

I find the backround abit distracting. Maybe it is too small to be seen and the Singapore Flyer (is it Singapore Flyer or is it not?) is "chopped off":sweat: However, I do like the feel and the color of the photo :).

Hehe, i agree it is distracting. That's why for my first shot, i cropped them away.

But for this shot, i wanted to show the process of "moving from Old to New". The "New" portion is under construction which i hope can show as a sign of "development".

Hehe, i actually cropped off away the Singapore Flyer as i don't want viewers' eyes to focus on it. Prefer to let viewers focus on the "sampan" instead. And this is why i didn't clone away the "Novotel" also. :D

But for this shot, i wanted to show the process of "moving from Old to New". The "New" portion is under construction which i hope can show as a sign of "development".

Hehe, i actually cropped off away the Singapore Flyer as i don't want viewers' eyes to focus on it. Prefer to let viewers focus on the "sampan" instead. And this is why i didn't clone away the "Novotel" also. :D

I like the idea, but I think the cranes/construction in BG is too small, and with the black and white conversion, it turns into a messy background.
Should leave the Singapore Flyer out, your partial cropping of it, it becomes a distraction.

I like the idea, but I think the cranes/construction in BG is too small, and with the black and white conversion, it turns into a messy background.
Should leave the Singapore Flyer out, your partial cropping of it, it becomes a distraction.

Hmm, true. The more i look at this shot, the more i agree the flyer is really distracting. Ya, i should have totally cropped away the flyer from the left. As for the background, really too messy ah? I guess i will go home and see if i can find any shots where the sampan is closer to the construction site and post here and see if it looks better. :sweat:

Did you only mount wide angle that day? I suspect wide angle may not give you the effect you want. The background/construction is too far thus small to to create the desired effect.
:dunno:

Did you only mount wide angle that day? I suspect wide angle may not give you the effect you want. The background/construction is too far thus small to to create the desired effect.
:dunno:

Ya man, only wide angle. I brought my 50mm prime to meet my seller ma. So once i got the lens, i went for a test shot lor. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.