Harlow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapi_Prob

Jan 10, 2006
Singapore
hapiprob.multiply.com
Harlow! I'm new to clubsnap ... so juz wanted to say hi ... :)

I picked up photography 'cos of my interest in travelling. It was like a natural by-product. Started with a Canonn SLR. Using Canon DSLR 300D now.

I am not very good with the technicalities of photography though I did take classes. I just can't seem to remember all the technicalities. Hence, I just put my camera to P mode & point & shoot. *Ha ha* ...

My new year resolution is to enhance my photography skills. Yes, will even handle the technicalities if I have too!!! :)

Want to practice my photography skills. Keen to go for more photography outings.

Look forward to meeting some like minded people who are keen on photography and travelling in Clubsnap.

Blessings,

Peggy

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to Clubsnap. Feel free to look around and read through the guidelines when you have the time. Hope you find the experience here pleasant. Welcome.

Welcome to ClubSNAP. I'm a newbie as well and i don't even own any cameras yet. I used to borrow some cameras and snap away. Well, get ready for some BBB disease and there's alot to learn here. ;p

Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the club. If you have any queries, do feel free to post it, as many will try to answer them. Do a search first though, as many of the queries have been posted before, cause all of us are learning.

I also started out with an interest in photography due to travelling

Since you have a 300D, you can use the camera metering to play around with the changes in exposure, use the A(where you can set the aperture, and the camera sets the shutter speed) or S (where you set the shutter speed) to see the effects of changing aperture/shutterspeed. The camera metering will show you if there is sufficient exposure for the photo. Photography is a skill and you need to practise, so that you know what you camera can do. Each camera is different.

Enjoy!

blive said:
Hi Peggy,

Welcome to the club. If you have any queries, do feel free to post it, as many will try to answer them. Do a search first though, as many of the queries have been posted before, cause all of us are learning.

I also started out with an interest in photography due to travelling

Since you have a 300D, you can use the camera metering to play around with the changes in exposure, use the A(where you can set the aperture, and the camera sets the shutter speed) or S (where you set the shutter speed) to see the effects of changing aperture/shutterspeed. The camera metering will show you if there is sufficient exposure for the photo. Photography is a skill and you need to practise, so that you know what you camera can do. Each camera is different.

Enjoy!
Canon markings are different... Its AV for aperture, TV for shutter.

Anyway, welcome Peggy! Have fun here and enjoy your stay ;)

Hey Peggy, welcome. Looks like the shutterbug hit you as well. Just go out and shoot what you want people to see. Post it up, accept all commens constructively, ask when in doubt, and most importantly, enjoy yourself. Cheers

welcome!! ;)

ohyes. i think they are both mutually inclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.