Hari Raya Haji

Status
Not open for further replies.

d7t3

Oct 3, 2002
In the Shepherd's hands
Does anyone know if there is any opportunity to take any shots on Hari Raya Haji? Anyone had any experience?

PERTAPIS (a Muslim welfare organisation) is organising the sacrificial slaughter of sheep this Hari Raya Haji. This is the last time they are holding it at the grounds of their former HQ at Geylang Lorong 21 (the land is to be returned to the Land Office). If CS and its members are interested to witness and take shots of the event, please do let me know so that I can relay this to their management.

I am keen... in the witnessing and shoot...

I'm a member of Al-Falah mosque .... coincedently I am trying to get full permit/excess from the mosque for me to go around for shots .... the whole activities will be update to me i think by this friday ....

Al-Falah's korban will be at Madrasah Aljunied ... i think it is near to the lavender mrt station ....

I'll be there for 2 days ... a day for collecting the sheeps to the place, making of the fences for the sheeps and cleaning up the areas for the slaugthering .....

the next day is most likely be more for myself .... ah huay take picture take picture .... but that is tentative as they need help to mend the sheeps .....

there's this area where the sheeps will be kept ... from there there will be 4 to 5 people mending the sheep and on que they will be instructed to take a sheep to the slaughtering arena .... so while the sheep is undergoing the process the rest will take turn on taking the sheep ....

ah huay got nothing to do with this ... just adding only ....

the sheeps are manned, not mended. :D

arghhh .. i did it again ... haha .... sorry bout that

i'm interested.. esp if there are more details, like which 2 days?

hhhmmm ... ok ... like i said i have to confirm that by this friday as i'm still negotiating with the committee about which area will be given excess ... where to shoot and which part not to shoot ....

the day that the sheep will be ariving is on
tuesday the 11th of feb .... time is yet to confirm ...
but you can rest assure that there will be people there even before the sheep came as need to set up the cages for the sheeps ...

well the process will be on wednesday 12th febuary ...
it will most likely to start around 10 .. (from my experience helping them with all this)

more details on the address later when it has all been confirm ....

ok .. it has been confirm ...
on the 11th of feb there will be a small korban ... aqiqah ....
the ceremony will be held from 7 pm onwards....
on the 12th of feb the main korban session will commence from 10 am onwards ....

i would suggest for you guys to come early in the morning for the 12th as there won't be as pack and hazardous for you guys as it still is early.... thats means the people there wo'nt be rushing around ....

the 11th i think a flash would be required ... there will be some slaugthering too but it won't be a lot ....

the address is 30 Victoria lane .... i'll be there on both days ....

mail me if need to contact me ....
aeromail@rocketmail.com

happy shooting ...

:bsmilie:

Sorry, what is the diff between the small korban and the main korban...

I ain't muslim and it would be a eye-opener for me, and of course to shoot too...

Originally posted by sukun
ok .. it has been confirm ...
the ceremony will be held from 7 onwards....
on the 12th of feb the main korban session will commence from 10 am onwards ....

actually it not called a small korban ... it more of like lamen term to say about it ... its called aqiqah .... for this batch it will be more of slaughtered and will be canned and send to other country that need the meat more than us ....

thats all ... the korban (which is on the 12 ) the meat will be more for own self ....

well come down on both days and pop your eyes out .. heh heh ...

Thanks for the enlightenment...

Anyway, are you shooting or are you helping them...?? If you are shooting, can we meet up... I need to shoot at 0700 hrs, then head back to office by 0900 hrs...

actually it not called a small korban ... it more of like lamen term to say about it ... its called aqiqah .... for this batch it will be more of slaughtered and will be canned and send to other country that need the meat more than us ....

thats all ... the korban (which is on the 12 ) the meat will be more for own self ....

well come down on both days and pop your eyes out .. heh heh ...

er .. its not at 0700 hrs ... the 11th .... its starts at 1900 hrs onwards .... in the evening ... i'll be juggling between the 2 of them ... i'll be helping and helping them out ... if you really want to ... can ... just meet me up there ... i'll pm you my number ....

I think I need to change to another glasses...

the ceremony will be held from 7 pm onwards....

Thanks... 1900 hrs shouldn't be a problem... will call you in advance should I need your assistance... Thanks...

er .. its not at 0700 hrs ... the 11th .... its starts at 1900 hrs onwards .... in the evening ... i'll be juggling between the 2 of them ... i'll be helping and helping them out ... if you really want to ... can ... just meet me up there ... i'll pm you my number ....

heh heh ... no you need'nt have too ... i read the quote you posted and realise that hey ... what if people took it as in the morning ... so i've change it ... heh heh ... sorry ... but thanks to you ... i've foresee the problem .... :D

Hi Ivor & Sukun

its called aqiqah .... for this batch it will be more of slaughtered and will be canned and send to other country that need the meat more than us ....

I think Aqiqah means more than just packing the mean and send to other countries...

Aqiqah is an act of animal sacrifice to express one's gratitude on a new addition to one's family is a deed which pleases the Almighty just as the prayer at an instance of joy pleases Him. The Prophet (sws) did not give religious sanction to it. Aqiqah is an act of Sunnah, which means you're are not required to do aqiqah for your new born if you're poor or whatever reasons.

As for Korban I think most of us knew what is it. It is also mentioned in the Bible. If you need more information, maybe you can ask the official about the Korban and Aqiqah. The difference and significant of both.

-FND->

Hi All.......

FYI, actually aqiqah and Korban is equivalent in terms of the process. However, Korban is specifically done on the Eidul Adha (Hari Raya Haji) whereas the Aqiqah can be done anytime.

In fact, this coming Hari Raya Haji, I will be making an Aqiqah for my little new born daughter. In Islam, its encouraged to make Aqiqah for newborn as a form of religious ritual to show thanks(shukur) to Gods(Allah) gift.

For a boy, the Aqiqah is two goats/sheep and for girl, one goat/sheep. owever, this is not mandatory. The whole idea is to actually share the wealth of the gift from god(child birth).

1/3 of the meat will be given to the poor and needy, 1/3 for sharing with family members through a simple feast and the 1/3 for the owner or the person making the aqiqah.

The sacrifice for my little girl(BTW ....i have named her Aisyah) will be in Pertapis (As mentioned above - in Geylang). I may be bringing my camera around on that day to catch some Photos, well........I think its not a problem for anyone to come along to take photos too.

I'll let you guys know when is the timing once i have it .

Till then......

To all my CHinese Friends....Happy Lunar New Year and to my Muslim Friends.....Selamat Hari Raya Haji.

Regards,
Sulhan

Status
Not open for further replies.