Hardware + Tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Looking for a new computer table, long enough to put a printer, scanner, power extension, 2.1 speakers, CDRWs & DVDRWs (spindles), battery chargers, router and also space for a laptop.

Any idea where I can find a table this long and strong? Time to tidy up my place :sweat: Preferrably if the table is strong enough to hold a ATX casing :sweat:

Also, at the same time, wondering if it's a good idea to increase my current RAM count from 1GB to 3GB. Would XP Pro be able to really fully utilise it? I'm running A64 with dual now. Suggestions?

How about a Sitoca workstation table? Been using one for 6 years and my table look like a garbage dump. The table still shows no sign of giving way. Not sure about where you can get one though.

espn said:
Looking for a new computer table, long enough to put a printer, scanner, power extension, 2.1 speakers, CDRWs & DVDRWs (spindles), battery chargers, router and also space for a laptop.

Any idea where I can find a table this long and strong? Time to tidy up my place :sweat: Preferrably if the table is strong enough to hold a ATX casing :sweat:

Also, at the same time, wondering if it's a good idea to increase my current RAM count from 1GB to 3GB. Would XP Pro be able to really fully utilise it? I'm running A64 with dual now. Suggestions?
Get a good Sitoca table; mine is already > 5 years and still no sign of wearing out :)

As for the RAM, yes and no. No, because the OS can use up to 2GB only. No matter what you add, you still can't use the remaining RAM. Yes because you can make the 1GB into a RAM drive, which is useful for the swap space of PS. Also yes, if you use XP Pro x64 version, you can use all of it.

IKEA should be the place to be althought i find them rather pricey.
I one long computer table that should be able provide your need and it look rather simple and stylish too.

not big enough to put CPU... i having the longest 1......(1.6m)
but feel like downgrading to smaller 1 abit.. taking up space.

jnet6 said:
try 1 GB by 1gb first.
Prob is, I only have 4 slots, and running dual, my current is 512 x 2. If I go by 1GB to test first, it'll have to be another 512 x 2. Then upgrading further to more RAM IS going to be a prob.

CaeSiuM said:
How about a Sitoca workstation table? Been using one for 6 years and my table look like a garbage dump. The table still shows no sign of giving way. Not sure about where you can get one though.
Thought about it, but no idea where I can find them to see and feel for myself? :dunno:

Watcher said:
Get a good Sitoca table; mine is already > 5 years and still no sign of wearing out :)

As for the RAM, yes and no. No, because the OS can use up to 2GB only. No matter what you add, you still can't use the remaining RAM. Yes because you can make the 1GB into a RAM drive, which is useful for the swap space of PS. Also yes, if you use XP Pro x64 version, you can use all of it.
Well, I want my PC to be fast enough to do editing, so far the 1GB and A64 has proven it's fast enough for D2X RAW... heehee. So maybe I will just upgrade to another 2GB? :dunno: As for the sitoca, I hope they have nice designs one...

zaxh81 said:
IKEA should be the place to be althought i find them rather pricey.
I one long computer table that should be able provide your need and it look rather simple and stylish too.
Well I need to so lor, IKEA and sitocas. Ok anybody else? :)

Try Ikea, they have have various dimensions.

espn said:

Espn, Consider SITOCA which I have been using it for 10 over years and still very firm and strong. The best furniture I ever get. :thumbsup:

I am using a 1.6 m long Sitoca Table with
office_furniture22.JPG

with flip open cable compartment to accommodate multi-sockets

offfur_cad_acc2.JPG

espn said:
Thought about it, but no idea where I can find them to see and feel for myself? :dunno:

Check it out @ SITOCA

Call 6338 9988,there is one nice old lady, talk to her nicely in Mandarin and you may probably get discount.

Also, they do display their Sitoca products in exhibition in Suntec or Expo sometimes.

King Tiger said:
plus opening cover on the inside leg structure for easy access for any type of plug

offfur_cad_acc1.JPG

and also side office desk drawer for stationary, accessories and documents.

office_furniture21.JPG
my 1 the new design dun have.... sad.. :(

espn said:

WinXP Pro can support up to 4GB of physical memory but I doubt that your editing software is going to be able to support more than 2GB of memory space.

You may wish to email the software developer to check if the software supports LargeAddressAware.

If it does, you can safely increase to >2GB of ram and then edit your boot.ini file to enable the /3GB switches.

King Tiger said:
Espn, Consider SITOCA which I have been using it for 10 over years and still very firm and strong. The best furniture I ever get. :thumbsup:

I am using a 1.6 m long Sitoca Table with
office_furniture22.JPG

with flip open cable compartment to accommodate multi-sockets

offfur_cad_acc2.JPG

mine also similar, but with a extra shelves on top, you can put your printer, scanner, speaker, router...etc

the table is long enough for 2 x 20" LCD, and lots of space for other rubbish

mine still going strong after 9 years

forget about those cheap computer table at careffour or ikea, my gf got a few and they started to deform within months

if u got $$ to burn, should get this aluminium computer table from Lian-Li...very long and will never rust or get scratched

lianli-06.jpg

i feel that ikea's home furnitures dun really last, the office furniture series is better... but thing to note is, sometimes they dun really fit, need some callibration.

using a sitoca for a long time as well... think also about 10 years already... put 1 huge stack of comics above my pc til now no signs of it going to drop on my lcd screen... *touchwood*

KT: Thanks! 1.6 not very long leh can put all the stuff I want to ? :confused:

FireFox: I use PS + Nikon Capture together, all RAM hungry software, the large amount of RAM is to let them use all they want to their max, right now I'm considering if that's a good choice. :dunno:

Wai: I know Lian Li's stuff is good, but I no $$ to burn lah!!! :sweat: I will check out Sitoca first and see the price.

espn said:
FireFox: I use PS + Nikon Capture together, all RAM hungry software, the large amount of RAM is to let them use all they want to their max, right now I'm considering if that's a good choice. :dunno:

Unfortunately, unless the software supports LargeAddressAware, WinNT 5 (2K)/ 5.1 (XP) will only allocate 2GB for the OS & all the applications.

With the /3GB switch, it will allocate the excess only to applications supporting LargeAddressAware. It doesn't mean that the OS will just use 2GB and the excess goes to any other programs that require it.

Status
Not open for further replies.