Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmund

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
eoslightbox.com
What kind of photography services are you looking for that cannot be (or are difficult to be) found in Singapore or in the region?

(There is another similar thread but on photography equipment, such as Arca Swiss QR plates in the Consumers Corner sub-forum. So please keep this thread for photography services only.)

Originally posted by Edmund
What kind of photography services are you looking for that cannot be (or are difficult to be) found in Singapore or in the region?

(There is another similar thread but on photography equipment, such as Arca Swiss QR plates in the Consumers Corner sub-forum. So please keep this thread for photography services only.)

Good, cheap and fast scanning service.

Regards
CK

Ehh. ckiang, hate to disappoint you, but you can only have two at any one time, cheap and good but not fast, good and fast but not cheap, cheap and fast but not good. :p

Originally posted by Richard
Ehh. ckiang, hate to disappoint you, but you can only have two at any one time, cheap and good but not fast, good and fast but not cheap, cheap and fast but not good. :p

Unfortunately. :(

Photo Friend at Penisula is pretty okay, I just tried their 16-base (3072x2048) scans. Turnaround is 2 days. $18 per roll unmounted. A bit ex.

Yeah, good, but not cheap, not fast also. :p

Regards
CK

i want to convert my parents's wedding video....that was filmed with those 8mm film tape.....

how to convert it to digital or to a tape?

Originally posted by ckiang

Unfortunately. :(

Photo Friend at Penisula is pretty okay, I just tried their 16-base (3072x2048) scans. Turnaround is 2 days. $18 per roll unmounted. A bit ex.

Yeah, good, but not cheap, not fast also. :p

Regards
CK

er...is that for slides or negatives??

Originally posted by Goose

er...is that for slides or negatives??

Photo Friend charges the same regardless. Mounted slides costs $1.80 per slide for a 16-base (3072 x 2048) scan. The 4-base (1536 x 1024) one is cheaper, but I forgot how much it costs. TIFF files can be requested instead of JPG files at no extra cost.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

Photo Friend charges the same regardless. Mounted slides costs $1.80 per slide for a 16-base (3072 x 2048) scan. The 4-base (1536 x 1024) one is cheaper, but I forgot how much it costs. TIFF files can be requested instead of JPG files at no extra cost.

Regards
CK

$1.80 per slide is quite expensive leh..

Even at $1 per slide is still expensive. I suppose you'd only need to scan keepers. Then maybe $30 for 30 shots is pretty okay if you wanna create a portfolio. But if you wanna scan just to post, it'll be very uneconomical.

Anyone sense a business opportunity just to scan and digitize images? Wonder if there's a market out there.

rOCh

Originally posted by rochkoh

$1.80 per slide is quite expensive leh..

Even at $1 per slide is still expensive. I suppose you'd only need to scan keepers. Then maybe $30 for 30 shots is pretty okay if you wanna create a portfolio. But if you wanna scan just to post, it'll be very uneconomical.

Anyone sense a business opportunity just to scan and digitize images? Wonder if there's a market out there.

rOCh

It is indeed expensive. But no film scanner, no choice. :(

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Edmund

how about a nice discreet film lab for developing [cough cough] artistic shots? like those semi-nude B&Ws?

Originally posted by Kit
If you guys think $1.80 for a slide scan is expensive, check out the price overhere in Melbourne. I was quoted A$50 for a single top quality scan!!!

What resolution is that? I suppose its a high res drum scan? Down here, the $1.80 is "only" 3072 x 2048. 18MB file.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by kamwai
i want to convert my parents's wedding video....that was filmed with those 8mm film tape.....

how to convert it to digital or to a tape?

how ar? anyone have any idea how to convert??

i think it need soemthing like this for projection

8mm.jpg

Originally posted by kamwai

how ar? anyone have any idea how to convert??

i think it need soemthing like this for projection

Project it out onto a good screen in a dark room and record it back via a camcorder. Like the way they do pirated VCDs.

The other way, albeit a LOT more tedious but possibly better quality, is to use a Nikon Coolpix 9xx and the ES-E28 slide adaptor, shoot every single frame, then lay them out on a video editing software like Adobe Premiere. Then add the soundtrack separately.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by firefox13

how about a nice discreet film lab for developing [cough cough] artistic shots? like those semi-nude B&Ws?

How about those [cough cough] agencies offering models for artistic shots? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.