Hard Disk Spoilt, How to recover files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzone

Oct 18, 2004
Hi Guys,

Is there any way I can try to salvage files from a spoilt HD. There are some threads on data recovery but mostly are on recovery of deleted files or formatted disks. Will it work on a dead HD?

Are there any shops u recommend that can do this? preferably below 100 bucks.. thanks.

Bring it to Camera Workshop. Wait...., its hardisk, not camera.

Wrong forum for the thread!

Regards,
Arto.

If its dead, as in clicking, or making funny noises etc, can try this (if its just not even making any noise or spinning up, then I doubt this will work):

Put the HDD in a lunch bag, or plastic bag. Preferably something that you can seal up, then place it in the freezer for 2-3 hours. Place it back in the PC, and if you are lucky, maybe get 5 minutes out of it before it goes awol again. :)

Worked for me once, although it took forever to get everything off it as i had to do that multiple times.

it will cost you a bomb. If nothing important forgot about it.

Hi Guys,

Is there any way I can try to salvage files from a spoilt HD. There are some threads on data recovery but mostly are on recovery of deleted files or formatted disks. Will it work on a dead HD?

Are there any shops u recommend that can do this? preferably below 100 bucks.. thanks.

I think it will cost you about 5-8k to recover the data in your hard disk..

Status
Not open for further replies.