Happy New Year to everyone at CS!!!

zenny

Dec 6, 2010
Hi, newbie here with very 1st DSLR, a D7000.
I just joined CS and will be lurking in the Newbies forum to learn more about DSLR and photography.

:):):)

Welcome to CS and happy new year to you too:)

Hi and welcome to CS zenny and happy new year to you too.

Enjoy shooting with your D7000! :)

Welcome and have fun. Happy new year to all too : )

Thanks for the warm welcome. Am using the kit lens 18-105mm as a walk about lens and am happy with it.

Just a casual shooter/hobbyist with no specific interests ie macro, portraits etc....
Still getting to know the camera.....steep learning curve ahead since I'm basically a P&S guy.
So, hardware collection is out for me except maybe a Tammy 17-50mm f2.8 VC and a 70-300mm VR. That will complete my hardware arsenal :bsmilie:

For now, am reading books by Bryan Peterson. :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Welcome. 18-105mm is a very good lens to get started because it has a sufficient range for you to experiment.

zenny said:
Thanks for the warm welcome. Am using the kit lens 18-105mm as a walk about lens and am happy with it.

Just a casual shooter/hobbyist with no specific interests ie macro, portraits etc....
Still getting to know the camera.....steep learning curve ahead since I'm basically a P&S guy.
So, hardware collection is out for me except maybe a Tammy 17-50mm f2.8 VC and a 70-300mm VR. That will complete my hardware arsenal :bsmilie:

For now, am reading books by Bryan Peterson. :sweat::sweat::sweat:

Welcome to CS.
Read and shoot more with the kit lens :) You'll gain a better understanding of your preferred style and genre, then only start considering other lenses.

Welcome:)

welcome and happy new year

Welcome to CS... :D

Welcome to CS :)
Happy New Year

Welcome to CS.
Read and shoot more with the kit lens :) You'll gain a better understanding of your preferred style and genre, then only start considering other lenses.

Thanks and advice noted. My kit lens will stay with me for a while and the 2 lens which I had mentioned earlier will be at a much later stage.
I wanna avoid all those heavy 2.8 zoom lenses as I do not want to lug around when I'm abroad. That's one of the main reasons why I took so long to jump over to DLSRs.
I wanna travel light and a walkabout lens will do nicely.