Happy New Year Pentaxians: List your Pentax photographic resolutions for 2011 here!

creampuff

Jul 11, 2006
Dover
Just want to thank all the Pentax users that I've met throughout the year both during our monthly Pentax photo outings and online. I may not be able to put a name to a face for everyone (because I'm old and especially because there are so many new Pentax users) but I appreciate your company and in making the Pentax community here a fun group.

My wish for 2011 is for even bigger and better photo outings. Specifically I hope we can see a mini exhibition of quality work from Pentax users in Singapore and hopefully we can compile the best shots into a printed book and collaterals for sale to raise funds for a needy cause. On a personal note my LBA resolution is the DA 18-135mm WR and a long tele. :sweat: Creatively, I feel I need to step up my photo eye to develop a more distinctive personal photographic style.

So let's share what you guys and gals hope or want to achieve in 2011.
Happy New Year to you all.

Thanks Denis, this is a good idea!
My Wish for 2011 is there will be more small group activities in addition to the monthly outing. These activities can be of specific photographic topics, followed by relaxing drinks & chats. (What Baracus' doing is a good example)
LBA wise, thinking about a UWA lens now -- maybe the first stage of a fan -- to collect lens convering the whole focal range.
Wish you every pentaxian a wonderful holiday and a great new year!

Last edited:
Happy new year everyone!

My resolution is to stop buying lenses and focus on getting better pics.

2011 hah? there is a lot that i wanted to do but will narrow down to these two.

• firstly, it will be good to really shoot more architecture and building shot. have bought a UWA lens and filter for this purpose but havent got down to really doing it.
  • secondly, to complete my hundredth posting for my macro shot. cant seems to find the inspiration and time to shoot lately.

concur with Denis, the camaradie and friendship built up with fellow pentaxians is really something to cherish. hope to keep it up by joining the monthly outing and smaller focus group outing. baracus, SYABAS!! for starting the first one.

Happy new year everyone!

My resolution is to stop buying lenses and focus on getting better pics.

Ditto here.
Just one good magical lens and focus more on taking better photos...
:p:p:p

Ha. There's no one magical lens. Maybe three can form a magical set and I'll leave that to each's opinion.

Oh yeah, I want to become a CS senior member. 240 more posts to go... can't fulfill the wish this year...

- learn to shoot better photos.

My resolution this year is...

Shoot more, post more, talk less... That's all... :)

Happy New Year, Pentaxian!

I hope pentax gears remain affordable for all of us.

My wish is for pentax to come out with a dSLR/EVIL with the exact classic feel of mechnical operation just like MX. Not those that use soft dial wheel and encoder, plasticky feeling.. And bring back the K-mount without crippled. It's like driving a manual shift gear car instead of those auto shift gear. The feeling and joy of use is never the same.

cheerss..

Wow, you mean our current k-mount is crippled? I didn't know that. What's the diff?

Wow, you mean our current k-mount is crippled? I didn't know that. What's the diff?

Alamak... You mean you didn't know? Here is a link to help you understand.
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/technology/K-mount/crippled_AF.html

In the older days, there is a mechnical leveller catch on the mount of the body to 'detect' where is the position of the f-stop on the lens. So when you turn the apperture ring on the lenses like FA, M lens, the bodies instantly know what is your f-stop and metering work accordingly. The lack of this feature is known as the crippled Kaf mount. This is the reason why you need to press the green button to stop down the lens for metering on today digital bodies.

I can understand that doing away with the mechnical coupling is to save BOM cost. And today, we use different method of determining the f-stop and metering. So naturally, I don't see how pentax will be bringing back that feature. And it's just my wish. And for pentaxian who love to use manual lens. If pentax ever want to come up with a pro body, they MUST put this back!!!

1:wish that i can be promoted and get a pay raise so that i can fullfill my BBB virus for UWA and Macro Lenses
2:wish that i can take better landscape photo

Hi Creampuff, Fengwei and all Pentaxians

Thanks for an exciting and eventful past year where the Pentax population has grown (or at least how I perceived it from the post count in CS). I got to meet many people and like creampuff, my memory also not that good so if I do not recognize you on the street, just let me know you are the wearing red! :)

Every year my resolution is to try and take better pictures. Hope to learn some new skills from Baracas too.

For Pentax, I'm hoping they will come out with an EVIL system that is SMALLER than the Sony NEX and able to use k-mount lens like the DA40 for a super small combination. And maybe an opportunity to change my 17-70 to an 18-135 because suddenly I needed the zoom more than the f/4.

Thanks to Denis for the tech sharing session in May. Now all my photos are in RAW and are organized in LR 3 :)

In 2011, I plan to upgrade to K5 with 18-135WR lens. And wish to take more and better photos :)

I also hope Pentax will come up with a WR version of UWA zoom lens, like 12-35 WR or 12-24WR, which will be my target in 2012 :)

Cheers

Mo resolution for 2011:

1) Work Hard & Smart. Earn more and get the 645D and can go shoot & sing song with Chow Yun Fatt!!

2) Travel all around Malaysia with my bike. So far, I'm the only one in my bike group that has stop touring. due to work. So next year must try!

3) Make my GF more happy

4) Learn to be better & Better In Photography.

My personal Pentax/photography resolutions:
1. Shoot at least once every week to maintain a Photo Of The Week (PotW) on my blog
2. Get a flash and learn to use it
3. Learn to compose for architecture/building shots

hopefully, 645 body appears infront of me and with a macro lens to shoot and put into prints:bsmilie: ie 2011...

marcus

My resolution is to BBB Pentax K-5 and Pentax 645D

645D... :bigeyes: u greedy fellow... :bsmilie:

i more simple... i just want to have more time...

To be with my family that is... not that im not spending time with them... i got absolutely very little time to shoot anything except my daughter...just can't get enough of playing with her... :bsmilie: