Happy New Year Pentaxians: List your Pentax photographic resolutions for 2011 here!

Alamak... You mean you didn't know? Here is a link to help you understand.
http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/technology/K-mount/crippled_AF.html

In the older days, there is a mechnical leveller catch on the mount of the body to 'detect' where is the position of the f-stop on the lens. So when you turn the apperture ring on the lenses like FA, M lens, the bodies instantly know what is your f-stop and metering work accordingly. The lack of this feature is known as the crippled Kaf mount. This is the reason why you need to press the green button to stop down the lens for metering on today digital bodies.

I can understand that doing away with the mechnical coupling is to save BOM cost. And today, we use different method of determining the f-stop and metering. So naturally, I don't see how pentax will be bringing back that feature. And it's just my wish. And for pentaxian who love to use manual lens. If pentax ever want to come up with a pro body, they MUST put this back!!!
I see. Hmm. Other than a couple of manual-M lenses, it's practically a non issue for me lah. Ha.

Want to buy Metz 58 AF-1, Pentax K-5 & 35mm F2.4 lens for 2011. ;)

Happy new year to all pentaxians! May all your wishes/resolutions come true! :)

My new year resolutions is to do well in my studies and improve on my photography skills!

My wish for 2011 is for even bigger and better photo outings. Specifically I hope we can see a mini exhibition of quality work from Pentax users in Singapore and hopefully we can compile the best shots into a printed book and collaterals for sale to raise funds for a needy cause.

I second this. :thumbsup:

So this means that better buck up and shoot better pictures with my current Pentax setup!!

Alright, sure succumb to purchases in 2011... and I'll really like to get a L-Plate for my K-r.

Happy New Year to all!

Last edited:
Thanks Denis for such a nice thread. I'm sure our Pentax family will grow even bigger and stronger in the years to come :)

Other than what Denis said above, I also wish we'd have the following family events in 2011:

1. one or two organized outings (model shoot, product shoot, and etc.)
2. one or two oversea photo trips (one in order, one in pipeline)
3. one or two training sessions made specially for Pentax users
4. one or two promotion events from Emjay
5. one or two photo sharing sessions

That's a lot 'one or two's :D

And again, wish all enjoy staying here and have fun with your Pentax gear.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Cheong wishing all Pentaxians and their family member Happy New Year!

Hope to improve my photography skill and get myself the K5 next year.

Cheer!

My resolution is:

Get DA15, Get FA31 and Get FA77!!!! And I getting FA31 next month!!!:)

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to Everybody!!!!

My New Year Resolution only one...

Stike TOTO with no shared winner.........to buy whatever i wamt..........

happy new year everyone

My wish is to take better pics with my current setup :bsmilie:

of coz..if i have the money..i wun mind having the pentax 3 princesses (which i have none now :bsmilie:) and also complete my own pentax trinity lens (DA12-24, DA*16-50 and DA*50-135, which I have 2 out of the 3 lens :heart:)

I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

I would like to thank all the friendly Pentaxians for all the sharing and I really learned much in the past year :)

I wish to take more good pictures and share with all.

Cheers!

Hey Guys...

I am kinda greedy here...

1. Upgrade to K-5
2. Get a Macro Lens DFA 100 WR
3. Get a DA* 50-135 Lens
4. Get a DA 12-24 UWA
5. Get a New Camera Bag

Hopefully by Year 2011, i can manage to achieve item 1,3 and 5 ... AT LEAST!!!!!

By the way, i would like to thanks to all the sifu out there as they have been providing a lot of guidance on photography shooting skill during the monthly outing.... =).. I am glad i chose to become a member of this Pentax Family!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR...........2011............. Everyone!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Denis for the thread, here Wishing all Pentaxians Happy New Year and thanks everyone for making the pentax forum here a nice play to drop by.

I feel warm and cozy when i read this thread..:) i feel proud to be part of the Pentaxian family! Wishing everyone a happy healthy and prosperous 2011! My new year resolutions are:

1) To take pics at least twice a week
2) To improve my photography skills
3) To improve my PP skills
4) To learn flash photography
5) To get an external flash after i learn flash photography
6) To buy a camera backpack
7) To join as many Pentaxian outings as i can
8) To resist LBA

Last edited:
Happy New Year, fellow pentaxians!

My main photographic resolution for 2011 was already fulfilled 5 days ago:sweatsm:... cos I can't wait no more... yes, bought the K5! :p

So, I better have new resolutions to replace it...

(1) Make good use of my K5
(2) Get a FA 77 Ltd
(3) Make some returns on the investment in terms of stock or event photography... I know it's tough, but would like to start somewhere.... hmmmm
(4) Make some time to do (3)

:cool:

Happy new year everyone.:D
My resolution for 2011 will be:
1) Try harder to make friends with fellow pentaxians. (havn't make any this year)
2) Improve on the composition with every photo i take.
3) Get K5 and learn how to use it to the fullest.

Fred

My New Years Resolution is 2500 lp/mm

On a more serious note, I resolve to

1) Trim down my lens collection - I have too many lenses doing nothing inside my cabinet
2) Build up portfolio by arranging for more photoshoots
3) Get to know more photographers / models
4) And of course, to continue to improve my technique - lighting, composition, timing, post processing.

I picked up photography in Jan 2010 and I have learnt so so much. I had many great adventures and experiences, and I look forward to an even better 2011!

Happy new year to all Pentaxians!

Like Denis said, i also wish for a dedicated photobook compiled with great photos taken with of course our pentax camera! :)

Happy New Year to all Pentaxians!:)

Good suggestions from Denis & FW.

My resolutions for 2011:
1) Be more thick skin when taking pics of strangers.
2) Re-organized the stuff in my dry boxes. Have been postponed everytime I look inside.

My wishes for 2011:
1) Growing & stronger Pentax community.
2) Wider channel distribution of Pentax gears in SG, JB & Batam.:bsmilie:

Happy new year.

Hope to improve on my skills and attend a pentaxian outing.

Cheers