Happy Mid-Autumn Festival to All Pentaxians and Ricohists!


fengwei

Moderator
Staff member
Aug 25, 2004
14,462
12
0
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
#1
To all Pentaxians, Ricohists and CSers, happy Mid-Autumn Festival!





Sorry I haven't take many photos lately, have to 'borrow' one from the net...
 

wonglp

Moderator
Staff member
Jul 20, 2007
6,816
74
48
Bukit Batok
#2
Happy Mid Autumn Festival to Fengwei & all Pentaxians, Ricohists too!
 

Jun 22, 2012
80
0
0
singapore
#4
中秋节快乐

Reposted.


 

Last edited:

sunnycamera

Senior Member
Dec 8, 2010
2,098
5
38
SG
#6
Big moon for middle autumn day

Tamron 500mm f8 mirror crop to 30% pp

effective focal length after crop: 2000mm

 

Supersimon27

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2010
2,964
22
38
#9
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival boss Feng wei and everyone.

Didn't do any celebration at the night , but I do meet up with some Pentaxian/Ricohist in the morning and we do our celebration shooting sunrise . ha


Chinese garden 2012 by Simon Teo (supersimon27), on Flickr

中秋节快乐 again :)
 

felixcat8888

Senior Member
May 8, 2005
9,289
19
38
52
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
#10
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival boss Feng wei and everyone.

Didn't do any celebration at the night , but I do meet up with some Pentaxian/Ricohist in the morning and we do our celebration shooting sunrise . ha


Chinese garden 2012 by Simon Teo (supersimon27), on Flickr

中秋节快乐 again :)

As usual, another wonderful masterpeice by the Master
 

PhilipKr35

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2011
1,628
16
38
Yew Tee
#12
Using Kr DA50mm F1.8 lens handheld while jostling in the queue for mooncake in a dimly lit shop at 34 Smith Street
( ISO320; EV+0.7; 1/13; f2.0),
can someone comment if it is sharp or if any sign of hand shake ? If not, have a piece of mooncake.

To complete the celebration, Moon cake just out from the oven is a must.
 

SyncGuy

New Member
Sep 14, 2011
1,118
1
0
Earth
#13
PhilipKr35 said:
Using Kr DA50mm F1.8 lens handheld while jostling in the queue for mooncake in a dimly lit shop at 34 Smith Street
( ISO320; EV+0.7; 1/13; f2.0),
can someone comment if it is sharp or if any sign of hand shake ? If not, have a piece of mooncake.

To complete the celebration, Moon cake just out from the oven is a must.
Don't mind me asking, but you really meant ISO 3200 or ISO 320?
 

PhilipKr35

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2011
1,628
16
38
Yew Tee
#14
SyncGuy said:
Don't mind me asking, but you really meant ISO 3200 or ISO 320?
Checked Exif data again, ISO320, is there something wrong with my Kr? I rarely use high ISO3200.
 

SyncGuy

New Member
Sep 14, 2011
1,118
1
0
Earth
#15
PhilipKr35 said:
Checked Exif data again, ISO320, is there something wrong with my Kr? I rarely use high ISO3200.
Oh, no... Just asking only... :D Coz I feel that you could bump it up to 800 and stop down more for deeper DOF and faster shutter speed? Haha!

Coz your concerns were:

1) Is it sharp enough?
2) Any handshake?

Therefore, taking into account of zero focus error due to user's fault:

1) Deeper DOF/stopping down more, will certainly "ensure" sharper images.
2) Faster shutter speed by bumping up ISO will reduce chances of motion blur due to handshake

Finally,
3) In this case, increasing ISO would have allowed you more flexibility in your choice of DOF and shutter speed.

That's just my opinion la.. ;P
Maybe I'm wrong..
 

Last edited:

PhilipKr35

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2011
1,628
16
38
Yew Tee
#16
SyncGuy said:
Oh, no... Just asking only... :D Coz I feel that you could bump it up to 800 and stop down more for deeper DOF and faster shutter speed? Haha!

That's just my opinion la.. ;P
Ya, you are right, I was torn between high ISO grainy and the low light and Kr need to +EV, the K5 IIs is on buying list but need to save $ first.
Thanks for advise, next time I should take two sets and compare . :)
 

Daoyin

Senior Member
Nov 25, 2008
2,808
6
38
West
#17
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival boss Feng wei and everyone.

Didn't do any celebration at the night , but I do meet up with some Pentaxian/Ricohist in the morning and we do our celebration shooting sunrise . ha


Chinese garden 2012 by Simon Teo (supersimon27), on Flickr

中秋节快乐 again :)
Nice shot and belated greetings.
 

SyncGuy

New Member
Sep 14, 2011
1,118
1
0
Earth
#18
PhilipKr35 said:
Ya, you are right, I was torn between high ISO grainy and the low light and Kr need to +EV, the K5 IIs is on buying list but need to save $ first.
Thanks for advise, next time I should take two sets and compare . :)
Erm... No problem! :D
But seriously, if you are shooting for web display, grains up to ISO1600 is not very obvious... :D

I also shoot with Kr... Haha!
Nevertheless, are those mooncakes Halal? Looks YUMMEH!! :p
 

PhilipKr35

Senior Member
Jul 17, 2011
1,628
16
38
Yew Tee
#19
SyncGuy said:
Erm... No problem! :D
But seriously, if you are shooting for web display, grains up to ISO1600 is not very obvious... :D

I also shoot with Kr... Haha!
Nevertheless, are those mooncakes Halal? Looks YUMMEH!! :p
Don't think this one has Halal certificate, but probably no meat or oil from animal.
 

Supersimon27

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2010
2,964
22
38
#20
As usual, another wonderful masterpeice by the Master
Thanks bro . Me no master lah . I am just a very enthusiastic Pentaxian Landscaper :)

Thanks everyone for liking the photo :)
 

Top Bottom