Oct 20, 2006
west
d50 + Holga Colour Filter Kit

dsc0286ii6.jpg

Please help me improve :)

The blur is PS'ed or?

Looks a little artificial to me, but I'm not sure. =D

blur is bokeh at f3.5

hi sorry for a lame qns but what does bokeh means? read on this word many times but dun get it..haha enlighten me pls?

taken off a previous thread:
DOF or depth of field is the depth range that is focused, it increases as you stop down the aperture: F2.8 shallow DOF, F16 deep DOF.
Bokeh is a japanese term and refers to how out of focuse items appear on the photo. The aperture blades do play a role in that. Out of focuse spot like objects tend to be shaped by the opening created by the aperture blades. We have all seen reflections created by spot lights or the sun when taking a photo i direction of the sun. The reflection are caused by the lenses but the shape of the reflection is governed by the aperture blades, if the lense has only 6 blades, the spots are not round but rather hexagonal. Now the less polygonal and more round the shape of the out-of-focuse object appears the better the bokeh.
Bokeh is also affected by the lense construction itself, how sharp the lense is reproducing and by how things go out of focus

very fast and specific enlightenment!! there is just so much more to learn i guess. Upz for CS and its members! thanks thanks!

could pick a better flower.
better not necessary nice but to convey the message.
is the strong yellow tint inherent from the holga ?

was a photo opportunity with the trumpet flower on the ground and the old folks walking towards me with their pets in the background.
almost had no time to frame the shot
the strong yellow tint is from the holga filter kit, yellow filter.

nice....

it looks like a left over wanton....

haha
thanks for sharing your insight =)
but i was hoping on more comments on the overall photograph
things like composition, the use of bokeh and such

Status
Not open for further replies.