Hantu photos taken on 27 Nov 05 by seewhy

Status
Not open for further replies.

staad3

Feb 1, 2005
east
UWCS is so quiet these days... here are some photos I'm posting on behalf of seewhy, Hantu trip on 27 Nov 05. Yes, quite long ago right? So I can't wait to see the photos...so I offer to help do some simple editing of photos. :D :D
Photos are too huge to upload to gallery so here's the link:

http://dolphymanta.multiply.com/photos/album/6

Happy Chinese New Year!

Staad, multiply does not allow hotlinking ...there is a few that does...like flikr, shutterfly,photobucket...althernatively u can also use CS's gallery...for me i'll downsize my pics and upload to flickr to do hotlinking

cheers

yzr500abe said:
Staad, multiply does not allow hotlinking ...there is a few that does...like flikr, shutterfly,photobucket...althernatively u can also use CS's gallery...for me i'll downsize my pics and upload to flickr to do hotlinking

cheers

Really? Din really know....tried to downsize already but the file to upload CS gallery has to be less than 100kb, almost impossible for me to do leh. Anyway, thanks for your recc, may try flickr, heard it's good.

Thank you Staad3 for posting up the photos. Should have passed them to you sonner, I am just too slow. :embrass:

I think keeping the long side of the photo to 500 pixels should be able to reduce the size to below 100kb and upload to CS gallery. At this size is still ok for web viewing.

@@ nice pics..... i did my training dive at hantu and I never had such visibility....

slaam said:
NIce! was the vis very good then?
how many here are with BWV?
idor said:
@@ nice pics..... i did my training dive at hantu and I never had such visibility....

Thanks for the kind words. The vis on that day was at 2-3m (ie I can see my fins). That's why shoot mainly small macro stuffs and not much fish.
Myself and staad3 are with BWV, anyone else?
This is the norm vis nowadays. With the reclaimation about to start at Pulau Bukom, we will see if it will be affected.

idor, During training is best to pay all attention on practicing all the skills required. Low vis minimise distraction and let you focus on skills at hand. You can always join us for local dive trip and we can show you what you have missed. I will also have to go back and reshoot the OOF nudi if I can find it again. So hard to control the focusing when doing super macro mode. :(

Heard that there will be a TV program on ChannelNewsAsia starting this Sat (4th Feb) 8.30pm about local marine environment called 'Living Treasures' and someone on this forum was involved in the production. ;)
Also notice another program at 9.30pm called 'fins N tails', but no idea what it is about. Is it a documentary about fishes or a cooking show?? :dunno:

Living Treasures will show case the marine life we normally see duirng local dives at Hantu,Sisters' Island, St Johns , Raffles Lighthouse, and some inter tidal shots of Kusu , Semakau ( is this how u spell it ). If i'm not wrong, there should be some footages of Pulau Ubin marine life too..

slaam said:
NIce! was the vis very good then?
how many here are with BWV?
Visibility is very up and down ... some days it can be less than 1m, others, up to 4m. Typically, vis during the months of Oct through to Apr are very good. Of course, if you stir up sediment, then vis will always be bad :p

BWV has several programmes including the Reef Friends Explore! programme. I think there are about 12 people signed up for the course, which is on-going - tonight is the theory exam (yes, there is an exam!) to be followed by 3 practical sessions (which also includes an exam).

There's been a lot of effort on the part of the trainers and the volunteer guides - it's not easy attending 3 hours of after-office hours over 3 Friday nights and the practical sessions, but so far, everyone is holding up well :)

While it is important for the trainees to pay attention to the exercises during practical sessions ... photography is one way of showing others what they have seen, instead of "you know that fish with the yellow tail and looks like a cleaver with a bar across the eye and mouth that looks like it has gone for plastic surgery" :p

Link to BWV website is at www.bluewatervolunteers.org.

Cheers, Jeff

PS. Moderator, pls send me pm if not appropriate to have link here, and I'll remove whole msg if needed.

Wait till you guys dive in 2cm visibility water..

Anyway I think its gonna get worse.

Yeah im going Hantu!!! but cannot take photos!! :(

Just uploaded photos taken from dives at kusu island. Same website as above....

Status
Not open for further replies.