Hantu dives on 180206 and 190206

Status
Not open for further replies.
staad3, the 1st pic named "chromodoris sp, anybody knows' is a Thorunna Florens :)

Pic titled "Nudi, no gills' is Gymnodoris alba. Yes, it has gills, but retracted

From Hantu on 180206

"Grouper" is Ephinephalus boenack, sometimes called the "Indian" grouper - no idea why.

From Hantu on 190206

"Is it nudi eggs?" is a flatworm

"Corals" (first one) is Galaxea fasicularis, or Galaxy coral

"Amazing corals" and "Another view", if they are the same colony, are Pectina spp. Sometimes also called "cabbage" corals

"Corals" (2nd one) is Echinopora spp. Not sure of common name.

"Nice and plenty ..." is Pleurogyra spp.

Cheers, Jeff

Thanks a lot for all the naming, beivied and catfish. Appreciate it. :) Now can change the titles of my photos to the correct ones. Heheh...

hehe.. mine dunno got bah geh one or not ... ;p

anyway, for photography comments, you might want to avoid shooting the critters from butt view. side or headfront is usually nicer, though you might get some interesting butt profile sometimes ;)

Yup, tying to get frontal shots too, but sometimes no time to get into a better position, Training main priority for the trip. :p

The gymnodoris alba seems to be very similar to gymnodoris rubropapulosa.

See link
http://www.seaslugforum.net/display.cfm?id=6417

Heya,

The "Amazing corals" and "Another view" looks more like Pavona sp. than Pectinia sp. actually...

cat64fish said:
From Hantu on 180206

"Grouper" is Ephinephalus boenack, sometimes called the "Indian" grouper - no idea why.

From Hantu on 190206

"Is it nudi eggs?" is a flatworm

"Corals" (first one) is Galaxea fasicularis, or Galaxy coral

"Amazing corals" and "Another view", if they are the same colony, are Pectina spp. Sometimes also called "cabbage" corals

"Corals" (2nd one) is Echinopora spp. Not sure of common name.

"Nice and plenty ..." is Pleurogyra spp.

Cheers, Jeff

Oh can also go see Betsy the big hawksbill at www.flickr.com/photos.pocillopora from the 18th/19th Feb dives too...
It's under the Pulau Hantu SET =) HUGE turtle... man... excellent diving that weekend, right staad!

Jani

Right Pocillopora! Vis is great! And do take a look at pocillopora's link, great shots with Betsy the turtle,allied cowries, and many too. :)

welcome welcome!! welcome to Clubsnap, Pocillopora!! :cheergal:

*though i hope you have chosen an easier nickname... :bsmilie:

Ahh...so the turtle's name is Betsy.

Here's sharing a picture of it taken on 4th Feb 06. :)

Hawksbill04-vi.jpg

beivied said:
staad3, the 1st pic named "chromodoris sp, anybody knows' is a Thorunna Florens :)

Pic titled "Nudi, no gills' is Gymnodoris alba. Yes, it has gills, but retracted

Wow... i shouldn't be Nudiman anymore.. you should be Nudiwoman:D

beivied said:
welcome welcome!! welcome to Clubsnap, Pocillopora!! :cheergal:

*though i hope you have chosen an easier nickname... :bsmilie:

Yup, yup. Welcome. haha maybe she can simply be called coral (since pocillopora is a type of coral). ;p

waisj said:
Wow... i shouldn't be Nudiman anymore.. you should be Nudiwoman:D

i only know a bit bit only la...... cannot take ur place... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.