Hansons Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lisa Roberts

Oct 8, 2009
Hi everyone, I'm Lisa and I work for Hansons Windows. I was talking with my boss about hobbies and I told him that I like photography.

I am not an expert, I know the basics and am pretty good, I think, as a beginner. He asked me what I liked to photograph and I told him people were my favorite subject matter. He then asked if no one ever got mad at me randomly taking their picture on the street. This has never happened to me but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this before when photographing on the street.

Hello...welcome.

Yes, I have witness someone on the street scolding a photographer for taking his picture.

Hi Lisa, welcome to CS.

So far, I've only been met with stares and well, I respected their wishes and moved on to another more willing subject instead. :)

I get scolded all the time for shooting people which is why I no longer do it. Also, I feel it is quite rude to just pop up and snap a stranger. If I want to shoot people now, I join a paid shoot. Otherwise, I shoot buildings, landscape, people I know. There are better ways to enjoy photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.