Hanoi Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Going to Hanoi next month visiting Halong Bay and Sapa.
Any idea if the cruise on Halong Bay has any facility to charge battery?
What about the overnight train to Sapa? Any power point to charge battery?

If you take "high class" train to Sapa like I did (e.g. Livitrans), the train has 2 power points in each compartment.

not sure abt the cruise, shld have too.

the train got power plug under the table :) But careful or roomate may take it when u sleep :). Take care of the cam and lens if go by train overnight,it can get very cold ( weather or aircon ) at night that morning u will see ur lens and viewfinder fog so badly that would take a while to go away,lost ur morning train shot :D

Lovely Hanoi and Sapa. Can capture a lot of beautiful shots there. Wonder if I should go for this December for 3rd consecutive year. He he he.

Not sure about Sapa but the boats on Halong Bay don't have any outlets if I recall correctly. Halong Bay's great but the road trip from Hanoi can be a killer :D

I am also planning a trip during the 2nd week of December. Any good recommendations for hotel and places of interest? Planning to stay a week. This would be my first trip to Vietnam :)

WeekH, Oops... no intention of "hijecking" your thread by posting a question here....so sorry....I will be mindful next time....

Thanks Lenscape for the link to the travel agency :)

On the overnight train Ha Noi - Sa Pa, go for the soft sleeper cabins, preferably in the middle of the train. The last cabins gets rough due to momentum, and would be difficult to sleep in. There are power points in those cabins.

The tourist boats at Ha Long Bay have power points in the cabins as well as dining area.

No problems with charging batteries at these 2 places.

Thanks for the info!
I've booked my tour already with ET Pumpkin. Just hope to have the 5DM2 in time for the trip. :)

Hi Guys!

I am also planning to go Hanoi and Sapa during Christmas period?

My parents 60 years old might also interested?! anyone got feedback whether the trip to Sapa will be too shiong for them??

Anyone has been SAPA around Christmas? I think the weather should be above freezing?

Thanks!

My boat had powerpoint.

Hi Guys!

I am also planning to go Hanoi and Sapa during Christmas period?

My parents 60 years old might also interested?! anyone got feedback whether the trip to Sapa will be too shiong for them??

Anyone has been SAPA around Christmas? I think the weather should be above freezing?

Thanks!

I travelled by road to Sapa and back by train. The road journey is more siong. Train is very comfortable.

I was there at Christmas and the temperature was cold but just above freezing. My son enjoyed the cold weather but not my wife. The hotel I stayed rents out additional heaters.

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone interested to tag along :cool:

I still don't think my mum is ready for this trip! :dunno:

My boat had powerpoint.

I travelled by road to Sapa and back by train. The road journey is more siong. Train is very comfortable.

I was there at Christmas and the temperature was cold but just above freezing. My son enjoyed the cold weather but not my wife. The hotel I stayed rents out additional heaters.

my boat in halong bay had power points.

i din expect it to have though, so i left my charger in hanoi and ran out of batt nearing the end of my halong bay trip :(

On another note, make sure that you have warm clothing for Sapa. It can get really cold due to the elevation. And batteries drain faster due to the cold.

But it's a really nice place to travel & take pictures! I loved it when I was there 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.