Not open for further replies.

Benji77

Feb 18, 2006
www.benji77.multiply.com - http
Comments most welcomed.
With this shoot, I achieved 2 things -
a) First DSLR model shoot :)
b) First Studio shoot :)

No cropping, minor sharpening & lightening.

DSC_03052007-04-130001.jpg

DSC_03602007-04-130001.jpg

DSC_02382007-04-130001.jpg

well, for a first effort, I will be softer.

if you do not want to do too much DI after you had taken the picture, then you must do the lighting correctly before you shoot.

Well, I am assuming that it is not your original intention to show all the blemishes on the model's face. In general practice, to smoothen shin blemishes, you over expose the skin 1 to 2 stops. However, you should not be using the harsh lights, as you did in these pictures. It will not work.

Anyway, learn lighting, will serve you well.

Btw, not doing post processing/DI is not a badge of honor. It's great if you can get as close to the final image as you wanted when you press the shutter, but then, if you failed, you absolutely should see if DI might help.

With these 3 pictures, I have not idea what you were thinking when you shot them, but the final results are nothing to write home about. I will take this as a loearning process, forget about these pictures, and reshoot.

DP, would I be right to say that you find the lighting flat in these 3 shots?
Since we are on the topic of lighting, the location of the lights play a part. But
if I move around and change my position while shooting, that means I would have to
reposition the lights again?

DP, would I be right to say that you find the lighting flat in these 3 shots?
Since we are on the topic of lighting, the location of the lights play a part. But
if I move around and change my position while shooting, that means I would have to
reposition the lights again?
I would normally preferred more images with bolder contrasts, especially if you are using lights as harsh as these.

In a studio shot, just like outdoor, subject moves, lighting changes, photographer moves, the light changes. Whether you have to reposition the lights all depends on the lighting effects you are trying to achieve.

No hard and fast rules. Minor adjustment is inevatable.

This may be yr virgin studio model shoot, but the choice of word for your title is inappropriate ,,,,, "vivacious" is normally associated with a very lively characteristic ..... which is too different from your images.:think:
Nice images, keep shooting.

This may be yr virgin studio model shoot, but the choice of word for your title is inappropriate ,,,,, "vivacious" is normally associated with a very lively characteristic ..... which is too different from your images.:think:
Nice images, keep shooting.

yup i agree about the wrong choice of word.
thank you for your compliment as well. i got lots to work on. :)

DSC_03052007-04-130001.jpg

Like this shot among all! But I feel u can use levels to improve the contrast or tones.. good effort! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.