Hanging Over You

Sep 17, 2010

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?

Composition.

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?

to present the view that you would see when you look from the bottom up. not quite sure how to describe, it's like the feeling is totally different when you see these hanging ornaments from afar and then you see them while standing directly below them.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
saw them hanging from the ceiling in central at clarke quay, i thought they'll make a good shot.

4. My personal thoughts about the image.
it started out with conversion to black and white since i thought the original picture had too many colours. then i tried to do the colour pop thing using photoshop to emphasize on the golden ball, which was the prettiest of the lot. but in the end i thought the picture looked a bit boring because the frame had too much space in between, so i decided to do a crop and ended up with this.

your comments appreciated!

Last edited:

hairyice

Nov 21, 2011
Strictly composition, it doesn't really work that well. The jutting angles distracted my attention, as if the picture was tilted. And I'm not really sure about your colour isolation. Try a different cropping!

Top Bottom