Hanging out our national flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
and this too...

detrop said:
wah wah.. gimme.. i hang that outside my house.

AReality said:
No lucky draw? No free gift? Hang for what?

and this as well...

Hey CSers, I am not up against you. Do not be mistaken. There is a limit and a line we should not cross.

TMC said:
I dun see why not if detrop is an indonesian.

A washed out flag of another country to represent his own? er???

Whatever you want to think.. i am not here to pick a fight so will not comment futher on this topic OK.:lovegrin:

I often wonder why the Chinese proudly display "a sense of shame" as a true virtue, together with love, humility, etc. It seems so out of place.

Tonight, I realise their great wisdom.

RCs and CCs hang the flags for the residents in their area most likely because there's going to be a visit by someone important. period.

my family hangs the flag out every year without fail. we do it because we are proud to be citizens of this country. it's not a political act, it's simply to show that we are Singaporeans, that's all.

reachme2003 said:
well, maybe, the governing party is looking at the numbers of flags hung as a symbol of support to gauge whether the ground is sweet for general election or not.

Well, then..the amount of flags did not correlate to the appropriate result as expected...:think:

i said 'maybe'. btw, which GE? how many flags hung?

LazerLordz said:
Well, then..the amount of flags did not correlate to the appropriate result as expected...:think:

eikin said:
my family hangs the flag out every year without fail. we do it because we are proud to be citizens of this country. it's not a political act, it's simply to show that we are Singaporeans, that's all.

:thumbsup:

The thing is only out of respect would I want to hang out our national flag. I do not think that by distributing flags, then i "NEED" to hang one.

Personally i wonder who is paying for all those deco....

tOGGY said:
This thread development is sinking CS into the pits.
Some comments here really sucks.

Talking rots and talking cocks is still fine with me. Just do not use words to degrade any country's icon - directly or otherwise without cause.

I hope the moderator will lock this thread if it continues in this degrading manner. What are we Singaporeans trying to show the world?
Wow.. patriotic.. how much they pay you? Peanuts? :bsmilie:

detrop said:
pardon me. i am an indonesian. then again, i didnt mean it when i posted my remarks.
my apologies.
It's ok... no harm done :)

AReality said:
Why lie?

What do you mean? I stand by what I said. This is a serious personal insult. Please explain yourself if you are a man. Substantiate your comments if you have a dot of integrity or substance.

espn said:
Wow.. patriotic.. how much they pay you? Peanuts? :bsmilie:

I pay for my values. By your statement, it sounds like you can be bought with money? What is sacred to you?

tOGGY said:
I pay for my values. By your statement, it sounds like you can be bought with money? What is sacred to you?
Not the flag, that's for sure. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.