Hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
No camera or PS trick here, just a different point of view....

8765342-fbd2-01800200-.jpg

Comments?

Roy

Aesthetically nice patterns, but what would really make the pic stand out is something ->outstanding<- in the midst of it all.

Perhaps a baby carving of reddish wood colour (plus the usual rules of 1/3 placing of it amidst the palms, etc). Aiyah, any outstanding object. It's just like taking a very nice patterned set of repeated windows, and then have one guy look out -- that kind of effect.

Otherwise (um, personal opinion hor...no offense) no subject, no object, and focus of attention is such that the viewer's eyes will roam everywhere.

nice picture. but quite eerie... i scared!!!!! :confused:

Originally posted by rostov
Aesthetically nice patterns, but what would really make the pic stand out is something ->outstanding<- in the midst of it all.

Perhaps a baby carving of reddish wood colour (plus the usual rules of 1/3 placing of it amidst the palms, etc). Aiyah, any outstanding object. It's just like taking a very nice patterned set of repeated windows, and then have one guy look out -- that kind of effect.

Otherwise (um, personal opinion hor...no offense) no subject, no object, and focus of attention is such that the viewer's eyes will roam everywhere.

Thanks for your comments. I agree with what you've said, but doing anything at all to the subject of the picture would be quite disrespectful. I'll explain:

The picture is part of a "Qian Shou Fo" - a Buddha with a thousand hands. On each palm there is an eye, if you take a closer look. It was taken at the Temple of 10000 Buddhas in HK. The statue was still infinished at the time of taking.

Here's another angle of view, and the actual statue of the Buddha:

8765339-4e0c-01800200-.jpg

8765343-5ddc-02000159-.jpg

Originally posted by roygoh

Thanks for your comments. I agree with what you've said, but doing anything at all to the subject of the picture would be quite disrespectful. I'll explain:

The picture is part of a "Qian Shou Fo" - a Buddha with a thousand hands. On each palm there is an eye, if you take a closer look. It was taken at the Temple of 10000 Buddhas in HK. The statue was still infinished at the time of taking.

Here's another angle of view, and the actual statue of the Buddha:

8765339-4e0c-01800200-.jpg

8765343-5ddc-02000159-.jpg

eerrm... i know it's supposed to be awe-inspiring or something... but i still feel rather scared looking at the hands sticking out... especially in this picture...

Originally posted by masada

eerrm... i know it's supposed to be awe-inspiring or something... but i still feel rather scared looking at the hands sticking out... especially in this picture...

HAhaa... must have a guilty consicence.....

Originally posted by masada

The fact that you have some emotional response to my photograph has made it a success, I guess.

Thanks!

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.