[Hands on] with the Samsung S4 Zoom, it is a Camera or a Phone?

The sample shots look superb - good job! The camera looks far more capable than the Galaxy Camera, which I used a few months ago. The picture quality on that wasn't nearly as good as this, if I remember right

the 10X zoom lens came in really handy shooting performances from a distance, I also used it to control me composition by removing unwanted background elements

btw kabuki performers are all male

Wow! I will really get this if it were running IOS :)

Sunset from the Helipad
The helipad is off limits to the public and is behind a gate and fence, to get this shot i had take the shot one handed, i squeeze my hand in between the gate and fence
and then the S4 Zoom, will post a picture later.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ortega_sg/11286013565/

Sunset from the Helipad
The helipad is off limits to the public and is behind a gate and fence, to get this shot i had take the shot one handed, i squeeze my hand in between the gate and fence
and then the S4 Zoom, will post a picture later.

Nice shot! Really shows what a compact camera in the hands of a professional can do :D

This camera-phone is a real energy guzzler. Battery level can drop from 100% to 30% in one day even when it is not being used. Must charge every day.

This camera-phone is a real energy guzzler. Battery level can drop from 100% to 30% in one day even when it is not being used. Must charge every day.

You mean even if you use it as a camera only?

You mean even if you use it as a camera only?
I didn't even use it at all as a phone or as a camera. Just carried it around for the whole day but didn't have an opportunity to shoot with it. I was surprised to see that the battery level had dropped to 30% when I took it out of my bag at the end of the day. Maybe it's time to set the power management to Economy mode.

I didn't even use it at all as a phone or as a camera. Just carried it around for the whole day but didn't have an opportunity to shoot with it. I was surprised to see that the battery level had dropped to 30% when I took it out of my bag at the end of the day. Maybe it's time to set the power management to Economy mode.

So it wasn't searching constantly for 3G or WiFi networks?

So it wasn't searching constantly for 3G or WiFi networks?
Doesn't all phones constantly searching for 3G and WiFi ? Once they locked on to a 3G network and WiFi (if any), it shouldn't be searching any more, right? Anyway, the Galaxy Camera and Galaxy NX doesn't seem to guzzle so much energy like the S4 Zoom.

Doesn't all phones constantly searching for 3G and WiFi ? Once they locked on to a 3G network and WiFi (if any), it shouldn't be searching any more, right? Anyway, the Galaxy Camera and Galaxy NX doesn't seem to guzzle so much energy like the S4 Zoom.

Yeah as long as the networks are switched on. I thought you switched it off. :)