Hands on w/ the K20D Camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fengwei,
I was at the IT show to check out the K20D.
I set the ISO to auto.
With the DA*200 at f2.8, the camera selected ISO400 and Tv 1/20! I tried shooting at that 'default' setting and of course got camera shake pics.
Could you test out your K20D and see if the auto ISO will increase to higher value?
Thanks!

default setting ?? Green mode ??
:think: Whats the max iso setting for iso auto ?
which shooting mode you in ? Tv, Av etc ??

maybe you are in Tv, and set Tv to 1/20 :think:

Fengwei,
I was at the IT show to check out the K20D.
I set the ISO to auto.
With the DA*200 at f2.8, the camera selected ISO400 and Tv 1/20! I tried shooting at that 'default' setting and of course got camera shake pics.
Could you test out your K20D and see if the auto ISO will increase to higher value?
Thanks!

Yeah, the ISO will increase when the speed is too low. But w/ anti shake, I think the camera isn't following the 1/focallength (sec) rule :)

The default auto ISO setting is between 100 to 400 only, that's why it couldn't go higher than 400 in your case. You can adjust the max auto ISO as you do w/ your K10D :)

I have tried out the K20D as well. Very solid camera, although it felt a bit heavier than my K10D. Hopefully I can get a better price somewhere for the DA* 200mm...

thks for the info Fengwei.
for a moment I thought the K20D is faulty. :bsmilie:

AND,,the DA*200 is a beauty!

I was at Shriro just now to get one of my lens callibrated so Kevin was nice enough to let me play with the K20D and DA* 200mm for a while. Here are my first impressions.

1. The K20D just feels at home to me, as I've been using the K10D for more than a year now. Controls and handling as the same.

2. Shutter noise is more softer than the K10D.

3. Focusing is slightly faster than the K10D, on AF-S/AF-C it does haunt a bit using the DA*200 indoors. Probably not the best place to test it as the Shriro office is not brightly lit.

4. When choosing the Continous drive function, there is a Hi and Lo option, Fengwei do you know what is the difference ? I tried setting both but can't tell the difference.

5. AWB is quite accurate, definately more accurate than the K10D especially indoors.

6. The DA*200mm almost silent in focusing, but the speed is not as fast as I have hope for.

Thats all I have, the K20D and DA* 200mm will be available at the upcoming IT Show. No news on when the K200D or the other lens will be available.

Sorry I missed your post somehow :confused:

The Hi and Lo option is for different fps setting when you shoot in continuous drive mode. When set to Hi, the camera will take photos at 3fps till reach 38 shots (JPG setting, *** quality) before it stops. When set to Lo, it'll take photos at 2.7fps till the card is full :)

Just tried the K20D out of curiosity at the IT show, the noise performance is gd, the focusing is not too bad, from a nikonian perspective. May be it is the lens fault. I was trying it with the 200mm f2.8

i was there too during lunch time.. Tried the 20 and 200mm.. very impressive with the performance, but not so with the price... was told the body is 2k??... but its a good performance camera and its worth that much... but i can't afford it right now... unless someone willing to takeover my K10 at reasonable price..

yea, the price is just too high. We should all wait for it to come down. For your K10D, I think you should keep it as a backup, as it is STILL a very good camera.

haha.. i also have a ISTDS as a backup... but now i pass it to my cousin who is keen to learn photography.. hopefully he making good use of it...

Sorry fengwei, hijack your thread.

Finally got time to upload some test shot with my wife camera (she got the K20D, I need to wait for K30D liao)

All shot are indoor, handheld. K20D with DA* 16-50mm. P mode. spot meter.

iso 100, 1/30, f2.8.

100% crop

Iso 3200, 1/1500, f2.8

100% crop

Dynamic Range 200%
Auto ISO-200, 1/180, f5.6, multi-segment

The detail at the dark window frame is not too bad. I can not find any good high contrast scene there.

All WB are as it is. Pic 1 and Pic 3 are Jpeg (3 stars), last pic is DNG (raw) with with default processing by lightroom.

Sorry fengwei, hijack your thread.

Finally got time to upload some test shot with my wife camera (she got the K20D, I need to wait for K30D liao)

All shot are indoor, handheld. K20D with DA* 16-50mm. P mode. spot meter.

iso 100, 1/30, f2.8.

The detail at the dark window frame is not too bad. I can not find any good high contrast scene there.

All WB are as it is. Pic 1 and Pic 3 are Jpeg (3 stars), last pic is DNG (raw) with with default processing by lightroom.

Congrats again on the new camera. The testing shots look pretty good to me. Now go out and take some real photos :D

Cheers and happy shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.