handphone repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

samlim

hi guys,

anyone can recommend any shop dat does handphone repairs? my 8210 LCD screen and speaker buang already... need to get it fixed, wondering if got any recommendations so that i won't go into a shop thats gonna charge me an arm and a leg for repairs, both necessary and unnecessary, if u noe wat i mean ;)

to lorinser>> saw your PM, thanks for your reply, but luckily for me i found back my phone, albeit in nto very good condition, so sorry, won't be buying yours... and if u fancy buying contacts by pairs (focus dailies and J&J dailies) there's a shop in Northpoint, yishun, which sells them individually, u can even buy only one disposable lens if u want. the focus dailies r $1 per piece, 2 per pair, J&J not sure.

I think once the LCD of this phone goes, it's no longer worth to repair it because the problem will keep coming back.

A way is to just repair and sell immediately within the warranty period. Like that then can get high value for phone. Or else with the damaged parts, you'll get pittance for the phone.

Originally posted by Poledra

A way is to just repair and sell immediately within the warranty period. Like that then can get high value for phone.

wah Poledra, u teaching him tat kinda way to get rid of HP ar ?? wait if ppl buy then 'suay' lah !

Hi guyzz....

Just to share this with you....recently went to suntec and heard a conversation.........between a customer (whosend his phone for repair)....and a service guy from Nokia....

He was told that if you read the warranty agrement....on the card.....it states that LCD repairs not covered....

regards,
me

Originally posted by sulhan
Hi guyzz....

Just to share this with you....recently went to suntec and heard a conversation.........between a customer (whosend his phone for repair)....and a service guy from Nokia....

He was told that if you read the warranty agrement....on the card.....it states that LCD repairs not covered....

regards,
me

My gf 8210 LCD was replaced by Nokia when it was under warranty....

For my 8210, the LCD spoil after 2 years, since no more warranty, Kindred replace for me :D

Originally posted by West_ray
wah Poledra, u teaching him tat kinda way to get rid of HP ar ?? wait if ppl buy then 'suay' lah !

:angel:
That's what I learnt from my brother.
Actually, I didn't think about that one.
That's why I'm still using my faulty one.

I use a fake cover which is not in contact with the screen so as to reduce the number the times the screen goes crazy.

Originally posted by samlim
hi guys,

anyone can recommend any shop dat does handphone repairs? my 8210 LCD screen and speaker buang already... need to get it fixed, wondering if got any recommendations so that i won't go into a shop thats gonna charge me an arm and a leg for repairs, both necessary and unnecessary, if u noe wat i mean ;)

to lorinser>> saw your PM, thanks for your reply, but luckily for me i found back my phone, albeit in nto very good condition, so sorry, won't be buying yours... and if u fancy buying contacts by pairs (focus dailies and J&J dailies) there's a shop in Northpoint, yishun, which sells them individually, u can even buy only one disposable lens if u want. the focus dailies r $1 per piece, 2 per pair, J&J not sure.

Can go to a nokia service center and ask them to estimate the repair costs.
It's not as expensive as it looks.

I think LCD screens are like $30-40 and add some labour costs should be less than $50 maybe max $60.

I replaced my LCD of my 6210 when it was out of warranty and it costs less than $60.

Some people may say it's nuts to repair a phone at $60 when it's trade-in is like $100 or $50.

but it's sure beats spending $300 or more to get a brand new phone.

You can try the phone repair shop in Burlington Square. (inside on level 1)

They sell the spare parts and if you know someone who can do it, you just buy the part from them, if not, get the shop to fix it for you.

Originally posted by Winston
Can go to a nokia service center and ask them to estimate the repair costs.
It's not as expensive as it looks.

I think LCD screens are like $30-40 and add some labour costs should be less than $50 maybe max $60.

I replaced my LCD of my 6210 when it was out of warranty and it costs less than $60.

Some people may say it's nuts to repair a phone at $60 when it's trade-in is like $100 or $50.

but it's sure beats spending $300 or more to get a brand new phone.

You can try the phone repair shop in Burlington Square. (inside on level 1)

They sell the spare parts and if you know someone who can do it, you just buy the part from them, if not, get the shop to fix it for you.

when u repair screen, u get new screen but the rest of the parts r still old n may spoil... on the other hand, a new phone would be totally new, less prone to more failures(by right) n at least repairs would be free for a year (mayb even more, know wat i mean)

hi guys,

sidetrack abit
u know where to get day and night lens?

sadly, i gotta repair it la... its a borrowed phone, and i dun like to spoil things i borrow, so since i already use until buang, then i feel responsible to repair it... thanks for the advice, i'll check out burlington sq and nokia

regarding the lenses, sorry, dunno wat if nite and day, not to mention where to get...

sadly, i gotta repair it la... its a borrowed phone, and i dun like to spoil things i borrow, so since i already use until buang, then i feel responsible to repair it... thanks for the advice, i'll check out burlington sq and nokia

regarding the lenses, sorry, dunno wat if nite and day, not to mention where to get...

Just to inform you, when I mentioned burlington square I wasn't refering to the Phone Shop OUTSIDE, near Burger King.

I was refering to the one INSIDE Burlington Square, near the Korean Supermarket. I can't remember the name, but the shop gots lots of phone spare parts.

Originally posted by shocky
sidetrack abit
u know where to get day and night lens?

Errmm..
any optical shop ought to carry it.
I think they're around $60 per pair, the last time I check. So steep, so I said forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.