Handphone Recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestan

Aug 16, 2004
Singapore
Hi all,

I need some recommendations on which hp to get. Considering the N 6230i or 3230. What I need are:

1. Good notebook for appointments. (possible PDA-style)
2. Big screen
3. Big buttons.

I like the 8250 from long-ago for the buttons and the 6600 for the screen. Wondering if there is a phone with the best of both worlds? If you have other choices pls state too, and if possible, why you like the phone(s).

Also, what price range am I looking at? And where to buy? (Do not use contracts)

Pls help... Do not flame me please, my current phone is the 8210!!! Am not handphone-savvy.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
PDA style... O2 MINI

Big screen Big Buttons... hmm K750i?

S700i

K750i.

jamestan said:
Hi all,

I need some recommendations on which hp to get. Considering the N 6230i or 3230. What I need are:

2. Big screen
3. Big buttons.

I like the 8250 from long-ago for the buttons and the 6600 for the screen. Wondering if there is a phone with the best of both worlds? If you have other choices pls state too, and if possible, why you like the phone(s).

Also, what price range am I looking at? And where to buy? (Do not use contracts)

Pls help... Do not flame me please, my current phone is the 8210!!! Am not handphone-savvy.

detrop said:
pda style with buttons, but if u dun mind d bulkiness, P900 or P910

Using the P900. One of the best Mobile PDA phones in the market....but the P910 would be even better with 256K of colours.

Or get the Latest Nokia Communicator.......would be the best! Speaker phones are clear and surfing the net is a breeze. Buttons are big and so is the screen!

Depends on ur usage..I find the calendar function is good enough for my office/personal needs.

I'm in engineering field so phone with built in camera always come in handy for me when I need to bring back some of the products or machine pics.

If u r into trend of HP...wait for new O2 mini, I think it comes with 3G :)

Thanks all...

I am surprised a lot of you recommend the K750i. Was considering that too...

Any more recommendations? I find the communicator series an overkill for me. Too many functions. But I need a simple calender function. And yes, a simple camera is good. What's the trend now? 2 mp camera? When I do buy the phone, I would like to keep it for at least 3 years.

dun think can keep up abreast with technology. last year was the year of 1.3mp. this yr is the innovation of 5MP(?) handphone from samsung. who knows wat next yr will hold fr us. a simple calendar, camera, i htink you can get O2 xphone2/m. or xda II mini.

detrop said:
dun think can keep up abreast with technology. last year was the year of 1.3mp. this yr is the innovation of 5MP(?) handphone from samsung. who knows wat next yr will hold fr us. a simple calendar, camera, i htink you can get O2 xphone2/m. or xda II mini.

U have approx price of these models?

900 and 910 is 'smart phone'
wat the difference between a smart phone and pda phone ?

retail price for both xphone2 and xphone2 m are both ard the upper range of 700 means, nearing 800 (i dunno y the 2 phones are priced the same despite the xphone2 m is newer) while xda2 mini is ard 1180 fr the retail price in M1. i juz saw it. but probably somewhere else you could get better deal. i bought my xda2mini in lucky plaza fr 1150. maybe, you could get a better deal. good luck!

jamestan said:
Hi all,

2. Big screen
3. Big buttons.

Hey man,
I'm not the best mobilephone guru around, and perhaps our requirements are kinda different as well. I just want a mobile that has a good keypad, good listening clarity and can take pictures. Currently, I'm using a N7270 for nearly 2 months and I'm quite happy about it.

What I can say is, a friend of mine whose brother works for one of the mobile phone companies told her NOT to buy Nokia phones with the "6" series, E.g., 6***, etc. It's said phones of that series can get damn cranky. And I believe her after using my problematic N6610 for 18 months.

Stupid keypad kept losing its sensitivity. I serviced the stupid phone for more than 5 times already, still like that. Finally trade-in during June for my current phone. And I never had any problems with my previous Nokia phones (3210, 3310, 8250).

So if you are a huge SMS user, my suggestion is better stay away from the Nokia 6-series phones.

Just my two yen worth. :)

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

hmm thats quite the contrary fr me. my prev phone was 6108 and it's been serving me fr over a yr. i like the messaging system of the phone. nv been cranky b4. issit only the newer 6-series phones that haf got this prob?

mich_2103 said:
Hey man,
I'm not the best mobilephone guru around, and perhaps our requirements are kinda different as well. I just want a mobile that has a good keypad, good listening clarity and can take pictures. Currently, I'm using a N7270 for nearly 2 months and I'm quite happy about it.

What I can say is, a friend of mine whose brother works for one of the mobile phone companies told her NOT to buy Nokia phones with the "6" series, E.g., 6***, etc. It's said phones of that series can get damn cranky. And I believe her after using my problematic N6610 for 18 months.

Stupid keypad kept losing its sensitivity. I serviced the stupid phone for more than 5 times already, still like that. Finally trade-in during June for my current phone. And I never had any problems with my previous Nokia phones (3210, 3310, 8250).

So if you are a huge SMS user, my suggestion is better stay away from the Nokia 6-series phones.

Just my two yen worth. :)

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

Now that you mentioned it, hmmmm.... my friend always complains her 6600 lagging. And another one bought the new 6230i (i think) also said the phone lags quite a bit. Could it be the dunno wat simpian software they have?

I have narrowed my choices to either the 3230 or the K750i.

Any more recommendations?

detrop said:
hmm thats quite the contrary fr me. my prev phone was 6108 and it's been serving me fr over a yr. i like the messaging system of the phone. nv been cranky b4. issit only the newer 6-series phones that haf got this prob?

Any phone can last as long as the 8210? (had it since 2001, i think)

Bought my phone. Closing thread. Thanks much.

Status
Not open for further replies.