Hand Straps

Status
Not open for further replies.

marklim

Jan 4, 2006
Bukit Timah
Hi,

I thinking of getting a hand strap. However, i'm considering between two different hand straps. One is the original Canon while another is the Matin one. Can someone tell me which would be a better choice ??

Canon
12984.jpg

Or

Matin
grip3_posed.gif

Thanks,
Mark

i had d Matin 1, but my tripod QR plate cannot b securely fixed on d Matin's base. i not willing 2 buy d Canon. now used 2 shooting w/o any wrist / neck strap...

i think canon one need a grip if using 20D? the other one no need i think.

sORe-EyEz said:
i had d Matin 1, but my tripod QR plate cannot b securely fixed on d Matin's base. i not willing 2 buy d Canon. now used 2 shooting w/o any wrist / neck strap...
what u mean by the QR plate cannot be securely fixed ?? :dunno:

what is the benefit of the hand strap? anyone willing to enlighten me?

noizgod said:
what is the benefit of the hand strap? anyone willing to enlighten me?
for me, i'm thinking of buying a hand strap because i don't want to always hang it around my neck and most of the time while snapping pics, i always twirl up the neck strap and wrap it around my hand and it sometimes obstructs me. ;)

marklim said:
for me, i'm thinking of buying a hand strap because i don't want to always hang it around my neck and most of the time while snapping pics, i always twirl up the neck strap and wrap it around my hand and it sometimes obstructs me. ;)
cool...i think so too. ok i will get one real soon.hehehe :)

whaha.. just bought a battery grip and the hand strap. however, i feel that original canon hand strap very difficult to adjust the aperture dial. but no choice cuz already bought it. :(

Personally, I initially got a handstrap with my Nikon D50, and like the feeling of having the camera tied to my hands. however, the neckstrap has to be connected differently, such that the camera hangs sideways. After a while, I just stop using the handstrap. I still prefer the neckstrap, cause it allows me to easily change filters, lenses with 2 hands with the cam body hung from my neck. Neckstrap allows me to keep both my hands free.

yeah.. agreed. but i think gonna make my money spent worthwhile. better use the hand strap for few more days/months . :thumbsd: :(

One CSer in past stated that using handstrap lightens load from wrist, so less handshake..
I found that tat's true to a certain extent, but hand tends to get 'stuck' in strap, less versatile.. I'm using a Matin, but neckstrap still attached for whenever i need it.. :)

don't like any strips, but might try handstrap oneday

Status
Not open for further replies.