Hand strap

Status
Not open for further replies.

spider

Feb 2, 2002
Singapore
photos.yahoo.com
any one own the hand strap AH-4 ? my DIY hand strap not comfortable leh....but CP quote me 90 bucks....very costly...any shops selling other brands ?

How much did you get it for then?

i recently asked around for this item. Apparently it is no longer in production and all the shops don't have any left. Even Cathay Photo does not have any stock. If anyone knows of a shop that still sells it please leave the contact here? thanks!

Waahhh!! :eek:

My Goodness!! It costs twice the price of the Canon E1 Hand Strap!!! :eek: :what:

Originally posted by mpenza
would Optech ones be good enough? They don't cost so much too.
Do you mean this strap? Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is the only hand strap currently available from OpTech and I haven't seen it on sale anywhere in SG. Anyone knows?

the optech straps list for US$26.95 on B&H. the Nikon AH-4 lists for US$59.95. I would think the optech is a better buy. anyone wants to do a mass purchase? Shipping is <US$30 if there are about 5 straps.

Alternatively we could get Cathay to bring them in as the are the authorised dealeer for optech in SIngapore.

Originally posted by Minimalis
the optech straps list for US$26.95 on B&H. the Nikon AH-4 lists for US$59.95. I would think the optech is a better buy. anyone wants to do a mass purchase? Shipping is <US$30 if there are about 5 straps.

Alternatively we could get Cathay to bring them in as the are the authorised dealeer for optech in SIngapore.

Optech should be cheaper in Singapore, just check and compare the available models in Cathay and US pricelist. About the same figure, but different currency...:cool:

Nikon look better.....sure it is. but the price...i've been looking high and low for alt and end-up gave up and DIY my own with recycled haversack strap. i think i shall stick with my DIY then...
btw, i do not have a steady hand...that's why i need this...

Originally posted by spider
Nikon look better.....sure it is. but the price...i've been looking high and low for alt and end-up gave up and DIY my own with recycled haversack strap. i think i shall stick with my DIY then...
btw, i do not have a steady hand...that's why i need this...

I am curious...if you don't have a steady hand...doesn't the camera still shake even if you tie it to you hand?

hmm for me it does help as it enables me to have a better grip on the camera.

last week went Cathay and bought the Lowepro S&F Rover light and also ask for this nikon handstarp again...now the price is S$100....phewww...

Status
Not open for further replies.