Hand Grip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afbug

Aug 19, 2004
Planet SG™
Do you guys use hand grip like these? Useful? I've no idea :dunno: I saw these at yahoo auctions.

perly_boy-img390x390-1100150202grip1a.jpg

afbug said:
Do you guys use hand grip like these? Useful? I've no idea :dunno: I saw these at yahoo auctions.

hmm...neber use before...but I would definitely be getting one if I branch into my DSLR...will help heaps when shooting with a heavy setup for prolong periods of time...

Yes i do...Using a Nikon AH-4....better grip, comfortable and not worrying about my camera will slip and drop... :devil:

I am using a leather one, bought from CSier perly. S$48.

One thing about this that I like, can remove the neck strap, as it has a additional clip lock to tie it to your wrist.

The one thing that don't like, if you too engrossed in your shooting, your hand will be bound stiff. And if you need to reach your bag to change lens, your right hand is locked by the clip-lock, and everything else is one-hand-operation. It is not like your neck strap that you can just let go and do something else with your pair of hands...

Now that I have used it, if I have a choice, will I reconsider my decision ? I will get it..

satan_18349 said:
Yes i do...Using a Nikon AH-4....better grip, comfortable and not worrying about my camera will slip and drop... :devil:

I am using one as well, using the neck strap is a pain in the neck, what more it looks good. Unless you shoot with 2 cameras, it could be a hassle.

im thinking of bombing some money into that grip thingy for the 20d and that strap thingimagig, i feel i really seldom hang my camera on my neck, i just chuck it in my bag, and when i shoot, the strap will either go between my eye and the viewfinder or block the lens! uh! i feel silly when that happens.

I'll definitely get it once I got the extra moola to spare.

Currently I'm winding my neckstrap around my hand. A very rough method, but still ok. But not as effective as a real handgrip.

The gripes? Well, perhaps ur hands might get a little cramped after holding it continuously for hours on the end.

remembered Greg Gorman was using one on stage.

:think: Hmmm.... I'm looking for one.... Wonder where to get.... And how much it cost... :sweat:

i bought one dunnno wat brand one at tcw for 32..... comes with the thing to screw on below or something...

the other popular option is the Zing strap. check it out at BH or do a search here. along with the Hakuba, these are the popular options.

i've contemplated buying one for a long time liao.

but just wanted to know from other users here:
Do you attach the neck strap also?
Or can the neck strap be attached when the hand strap is used concurrently?

the reason is i may be in a situation where i need to free my hands to get stuff, hold stuff etc..

Hand grip

I used it with the neck strap also.... just that it can be annoying at times, but my right hand also need a rest from time to time...

obviousdude said:
the other popular option is the Zing strap. check it out at BH or do a search here. along with the Hakuba, these are the popular options.

i've contemplated buying one for a long time liao.

but just wanted to know from other users here:
Do you attach the neck strap also?
Or can the neck strap be attached when the hand strap is used concurrently?

the reason is i may be in a situation where i need to free my hands to get stuff, hold stuff etc..

For the AH-4, Yes neck straps can be attached with it.

I use both the Zing and the Matin, yes neck strap can be attached, but on the matin the neck strap is sideways.

satan_18349 said:
For the AH-4, Yes neck straps can be attached with it.
what about the Hukuba and the Zing?

the posts here seem to suggest that the users can not use the neck strap concurrently (it could be personal choice, but can't tell from the posts)

teerex said:
I use both the Zing and the Matin, yes neck strap can be attached, but on the matin the neck strap is sideways.
oops, thanx for the reply.

i took so long to type my question that your reply popped up first. :bsmilie:

how do u mean sideways? does it mean the cam will hang by one end? something like how point and shoot cams like the Ixus is hung?

obviousdude said:
oops, thanx for the reply.

i took so long to type my question that your reply popped up first. :bsmilie:

how do u mean sideways? does it mean the cam will hang by one end? something like how point and shoot cams like the Ixus is hung?

Yes, you are right. When you sling by the neckstrap, your camera grip and shutter button will be at the bottom. But the zing is straped upright as a normal SLR/DSLR neckstrap, 'cos it has an additional loop for the neckstrap at the shutter button end where the handgrip is fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.